Our company was established in 1998 as a manufacturer of fasteners. Since then, although the UK manufacturing base was shut down, we have continued to supply specialist fasteners and other metal engineered products to OEMs, Tier 1 and 2 suppliers in the UK and Europe. Going forward we plans to start production once more focusing on high value bespoke components.
We are looking for a candidate who will kick-start our production plans from the ground up. Overall responsibility will included everything from the various processes and methods to transform raw materials, components and parts into finished goods for customers to required standards of quality, cost, delivery and safety.Responsibilities
- Individual will be responsible for the initial setup of production including decision making on the type of machinery to procure given the type of products to focus on
Qualification and Experience
- Create and implement best practice manufacturing strategy, policies and processes to aid and improve business performance
- Ensure that manufacturing strategies and processes are in place to meet business objectives and operational needs in terms of price, quality and delivery targets and which enables the company to function and compete effectively in the market
- Evaluate the challenges faced by the business and take action to mitigate risks and develop opportunities
- Be responsible for production P&L
- Establish the lean manufacturing processes to ensure competitiveness
- Lead relationships with suppliers or raw materials and other finished products with suppliers in the Far East, including international visits.
- Support sale and marketing efforts with technical know-how
- Be responsible for all aspects of quality control
- The ideal candidate will have a extensive experience in production of fasteners and other metal engineered products, including some experience with automotive components.
- A commercial or engineering degree
- Demonstrable experience of leading a manufacturing function with a proven track record in strategic manufacturing leadership delivering effective manufacturing strategies, policies, processes and systems
- Proven project management and build quality experience and implementation of at least IATF 16949 implementation with ISO 14001:2015 implementation being advantageous
- Experience of implementing Health and Safety IS045001:2008 is required
- Experience of operating and cold forging and CNC machine is a must
- Must have headed large scale production catering to automotive tier 1 and tier 2 suppliers
- Experience of operating and influencing at a strategic level
- Knowledge and technical understanding of automotive processes, components and lean manufacturing techniques
- Knowledge of operating and assessing fastener manufacture machinery and related quality control equipment
- Experience of leading with raw material and tooling suppliers in an international context is a big plus
The target is to setup the facilities along either the M1 or M40 between M25 and up till Luton or Oxford.
Closing date for application - 15th Oct 2020