Avidity Science are looking for a proficient and highly communicative German-speaking Project Engineer to join our Projects team.
This position will initially be based at our offices in Long Crendon, Buckinghamshire; ability to relocate to Germany in the future will be an advantage.
Responsible for delivering large, complex client projects in such a way that each is accomplished to the complete satisfaction of the customer, you'll enable us to meet sales targets in line with our ambitious growth plans along with delivering excellent customer service. You will be working with our customers across the EMEA region, with a particular focus on the DACH region; travel to our customer sites (including international customers) will be required.
Some of the things you will be doing if you join us:
- The timely completion of multiple concurrent projects, safely, within budget and to the satisfaction of the customer.
- Carry out and provide detailed designs for Pure water systems, animal drinking systems and Airflow systems, including drawing review and pressure drop calculations.
- Outline engineering from inception to completion of schemes utilising in-house resources, site installation and construction personnel
- Prepare estimates and quotations
- Complete contract documentation
- Manage site safety, health and environmental issues
- Procure, co-ordinate and liaise with suppliers, specialist sub-contractors, in-house functions, site installations and construction teams
- Liaise with customers directly and also on building sites to ensure designs are correctly installed and as per drawings
- Ensure Customer relationship is managed to ensure customer satisfaction throughout the project.
- Provide technical assistance, both internally and to customers.
- Other tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably assigned.
We're keen to bring new people and ideas into the team; we don't have a list of mandatory qualifications or skills to be considered for the role, although you will be a fluent German speaker and have prior experience working in a project management.
However, some or all of the following could be expected of you:
Working at Avidity Science
- Fluent German language spoken and written skills
- An industry applicable degree or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrable experience within the Laboratory Research, Healthcare and Life sciences markets with a focus on project management. (Pure water experience and advantage)
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with people at all levels
- Demonstrate excellent organisational skills and the ability to drive projects to completion
- Commercially and contractually astute
- Strong customer focus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Possess a "can do" attitude and provide to support to other members of the team as required
- Able to work as a member of a team and individually
- Problem Solving skills; Analytical thinking
- Project Management certification will be advantageous (e.g. Prince2, PMP).
- Ability to travel up to 35% of the time
- Willingness to relocate to Germany an advantage
- Display confidence in a fast-paced work environment
- CSCS card holder an advantage
- Intermediate to strong MS Office skills
In our Projects team a collaborative approach is encouraged - we try to make this a fun and productive place to work, where we can always learn new things. Avidity offers competitive salaries, as well as the following employee benefits:
- Car Allowance
- 25 days holiday (plus public holidays)
- Pension contributions matched at 5%
- Death in service life assurance (3x Salary)
- Vitality Private Healthcare (after 1 months' service)
- Health Cash Plan (after 1 months' service)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Discounted Shopping vouchers
- Free tea & coffee on site
- Team social activities including Summer BBQ and Christmas party
To be successful in being considered for this role you will have pre-existing right to work in the UK.