Role: IDVA (Independent Domestic Violence Advocate)
Based: West Yorkshire
Rate: £23,100 - 24,300
Qualification: CAADA or DAPA qualification is desirable
Hours: 18.75 hours
Start date: ASAP
Resourcing Group is currently recruiting for a specialist Domestic and Sexual Violence Advocacy Provider in West Yorkshire. We are looking for an experienced Domestic Violence Practitioner to join a specialist and dedicated team of IDVAs.
Our client is a leading light within the sector and has won awards and gained recognition relating to their specialist work supporting vulnerable men and women fleeing abuse. You will be working with high risk victims and advocating and empowering them to decide their next path.
The organisation provide advice, support and advocacy to victims experiencing domestic and sexual abuse and act as the primary point of contact for high risk cases, MARAC's, reports to the Police and Criminal Court cases.Synopsis of duties:
- Managing a caseload of high risk victims of domestic and sexual violence providing legal advice and advocacy on a range of issues within the family and criminal justice systems.
- Working closely with the Safeguarding Hub to ensure partnership and multi-agency work and that clients have a comprehensive support network in place
- Providing additional short term/ crisis support to high risk victims
- Providing safety and exit planning and working with clients to reduce their risk and to enable them to understand how to improve their/ their children's safety moving forward
- Informing clients on the full range of civil, criminal and practical options that might increase their safety
- Carrying out CAADA DASH Assessments and completing comprehensive risk and needs assessments
- Making referrals to and attending MARAC and Child Protection conferences
- Carrying out joint working with GPs, Health Visitors, Schools, Solicitors, Counselling Services, Housing, the Police, Probation, Social Services and various Refuge Providers
- Attending Court and advocating on clients behalf and advising clients on all aspects of the criminal justice system
- Assisting clients with witness statements, advising on legal options and signposting to Legal Services
The successful candidate will need to have extensive experience of supporting and advocating on behalf of high risk Domestic Violence victims and will ideally hold either a CAADA/Safe Lives or DAPA qualification.
For details on this or any other role please contact Ria Hjelm-Smith
on 0161 413 5771
Resourcing Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.caterer.com/job/90778936