Demob Job Reference: J4076
Job Title: Multi Skilled Dayshift Engineer
Location: Leicester, Leicestershire
Salary: Circa £33,000
Our client is currently recruiting for a Shift Engineer at their site in Leicester, Leicestershire. The ideal candidate will have a background in dealing with electro-mechanical faults and preventative maintenance, ideally gained within a warehouse environment.
SALARY CIRCA £33,000, 23 DAYS HOLIDAY + BANK HOLIDAYS, PENSION SCHEME, HEALTHCARE & STRUCTURED TRAINING PROGRAMME
Double Days - shifts consist of 6am - 2pm and 2pm - 10pm, Monday to Friday
Shift Engineer Responsibilities:
- Undertake breakdown maintenance of site automation as required.
- Planned Preventative Maintenance of equipment to the required standards.
- Complete breakdown reports and shift reports including any issues arising on shift.
- Liaise with operations to ensure workload is prioritised correctly.
- Undertake improvement, repairs and modifications.
- Assist in project installation work including cost reduction activities.
- Provide maintenance support on all aspects of the installed systems.
- Work within a team of site technicians and third-party repair companies on their activities on site.
Shift Engineer Requirements:
- Candidate must hold a relevant recognised electrical engineering qualification to a level of City and Guilds level 3/ NVQ level 3.
- You must also have strong mechanical skills however the role is more electrically biased.
- Multi skilled engineering background.
- Excellent fault finding and diagnostic skills.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering diagrams.
- Understanding of PLC's and their function would be advantageous.
- Pneumatic and Hydraulic knowledge would be advantageous.
- Infrequent travel to Europe for product training.
Shift Engineer Benefits:
- Salary Circa £33,000.
- Shift Pattern: Double days alternating between 6am-2pm & 2pm-10pm
- Pension scheme, Healthcare plan.
- Uniform and PPE provided.
- Structured Training programme.
- Opportunity to join a well-established company.
NOTE - Our client encourages applications from candidates from both commercial and ex-military backgrounds; Royal Navy, British Army, Royal Air Force with electrical engineering/multi skilled backgrounds