We are seeking a Data Analyst who has experience working with very large data sets to join JP Morgan in Bournemouth on an initial 9 months maternity cover contract. You should have advanced MS Excel, the ability to design workflows using Alteryx, basic Sql query experience and a good understanding of Tableau. A good understanding of OTC Derivatives would also be advantageous.*Due to the current pandemic, you will need to work from home until further notice, using your own devices, so please ensure you are able to commit to this before proceeding
The role will provides a unique opportunity for an analyst to join a dynamic team that drives global change and promotes innovation. The Data Analyst will work directly with the manager and other team members on automation initiatives impacting clients and delivering operational efficiency to Global OTC Derivative Operations. The role provides opportunity to see the end to end process of managing large scale global projects, working alongside team members and interacting with global teams.Group Team Overview
Derivatives Operations provide operational support to Markets, Investor Services and Banking businesses across the CIB. Key product areas include OTC Credit, Rates & Equity Derivatives. Services provided to our Businesses include:
- Transaction Processing, Confirmation, Settlement, and Client Service
- Typical daily activity includes settling in excess of 30K payments & receipts totalling $165bn.
The Strategic Transformation team sits within Derivative Operations and has a clear mandate to define & deliver strategic vision agreed by OTC Management Team. The team provides a central reference point & co-ordinated management of projects and change management activities to achieve beneficial change.
Projects we cover include automation, enhancement & removal of processes through improved core infrastructure as well as Data Science and Machine learning. We're also responsible for Client Automation Programme for OTC Operations, which focuses on both internal technology improvement as well as adoption of vendor solutions best suited to our clients.
The team has a flat org structure and everyone's opinions carry equal weight, team members are encouraged to provide ideas to improve the team continuously.Skills required
- Project Management skills
- Strong Data analysis skills - SQL, Alteryx, Tableau, Excel
- Process mapping (understanding & preparing process workflows)
- Experience in Change/Project Management and / or Business Analytical Skills would be an advantage
- Strong numerical skills
- Problem Solving and Creative Thinking Skills
- Strong verbal and written Communication Skills
- Influencing & Senior stake holder engagement as well as collaboration (working with global teams)
- A self-starter, requiring limited supervision
- Confident decision making skills with the ability to articulate supporting rationale
- Ability to deal with and accept changing priorities
- Ability to prioritize work in a pressurized environment
- Organized with great attention to detail
- Background in OTC Derivatives and/or Currencies & knowledge of Markets Operations is advantageous