Deloitte's UK Financial Services Audit and Assurance practice provides a full range of high value external audit services to many of the world's leading financial institutions, including banks, brokers, insurers, investment managers, investment and pension funds, private equity businesses and more.
Our Banking and Capital Markets Group is a dedicated team of 400+ professionals with deep technical accounting and financial reporting and audit skills, and a multi-disciplinary team of specialists advising on a range of topics to the banking and capital markets industry. Our portfolio of clients include some of the largest and most complex businesses that Deloitte work with. They are influential, exciting and at the heart of the UK economy. Given some recent high profile audit wins, we are looking to expand our team by adding high performing and ambitious new individuals. We are currently seeking an external audit Senior Manager to support our fast growing business at an interesting time for the financial services industry and the audit profession.
If you join our Credit Risk team, you will partner with world-renowned clients, helping them to leverage the power of their data to solve their most complex business challenges. You will be part of a market-leading team, bringing together people and insights from a variety of sources and backgrounds. You will work on cutting edge projects where no two days are the same, accelerating your learning and allowing you to progress more quickly.Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.Your role
To help our clients improve and develop their credit measurement capabilities focussing on IFRS9, IRB and stress testing approaches across the full range of credit asset classes.
Your work, your choice
- Providing credit measurement modelling and analytics services to clients. This could involve supporting a client's 1st Line teams with the build of new models or improvement/review of existing models, support to 2nd Line oversight/model review functions or to 3rd Line Internal Audit teams
- Helping clients with designing and improving their wider credit measurement ecosystems; for example practices around insight into movements, data, controls, model risk management, model monitoring and maintenance, reporting and external disclosure
- Supporting Deloitte's external audit of IFRS9 and assurance of RWA through challenge of our clients' methodological approaches and quality of implementation to identify material weaknesses or areas of concern
- Supporting other credit measurement-related projects such as acquisition due diligence, stress testing and Asset Quality Reviews
- Contributing to thought leadership around credit measurement best practice and its evolution
- Contributing to the Analytics & Modelling team's strategy and identifying new opportunities for Deloitte to help its clients
- Managing a team within the wider Analytics & Modelling team, including project management/leadership of client engagements, developing talent and capability and acting as a role model for Deloitte's values and behaviours
- Building long-term relationships with clients to be regarded as a trusted advisor
- Managing diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: London based with occasional domestic and international travel.
This is a permanent opportunity. The role can be worked on a full-time / part-time basis.Your professional experience
- Good credit modelling skills and experience in the development, delivery and/or validation of credit risk models under one or more of the IFRS9, IRB and forecasting/stress testing regimes
- Understanding of the management of credit financials, associated governance and stakeholder perspectives
- Advanced skills with modelling software such as SAS, SQL, MS Excel (including VBA), Python, R
- Significant knowledge of the financial services industry and the credit fundamentals of different asset classes
- Ability to communicate complex concepts to non-expert audiences
- Project management and leadership skills
- Ability to partner with clients or other stakeholders and build great relationships
- Experience of developing talent and coaching a team
- Ability to think creatively, generate innovative ideas, challenge the status quo and deliver effectively
Your service line: Audit & Assurance
- Knowledge of current economic and market trends
- Experience interacting with regulators and/or auditors
- Commercial understanding of the use and business consequences of IFRS9 and capital rating system outputs
- Understanding of wider rating systems concepts including data, systems, controls, use test etc.
- Understanding of the changing regulatory environment as it relates to credit measurement
- Experience with data visualisation
In an industry best known for looking back, Deloitte looks beyond.
Our Audit & Assurance team understand the most important decisions are the ones we are yet to make. Crafting the future in an informed and clear-sighted way means understanding current conditions, as well as the trends that are shaping tomorrow. That is why we use our expertise in audit to show where things stand now, and to help inform the next step. With the assurance we provide, we help our clients to look ahead with strength and confidence across all of their accounting, regulatory and transaction needs.
Innovation is the key, underpinned by audit quality. You will be joining a diverse team of experts capable of delivering meaningful and durable change for both our clients and our profession.Personal independence
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.About Deloitte
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It's how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2020 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 174225