Are you an engineer with laboratory or medical servicing experience looking to expand your product knowledge and join a leading manufacturer? Or are you a HNC qualified engineer who is looking to enter the healthcare industry? If either apply then this is the job for you.
An expert in healthcare water treatment is looking for a field service engineer to join its leading team.The role:
This is a field based role and would suit someone living in the area, however you may be required to travel to client sites outside of this area depending on your work schedule.
As a Service Engineer you will be required to give our clients the best in class quality service across hospital and pharmaceutical sites in the region. You will provide on-site corrective/preventative maintenance and offer after-sales technical and commercial support across our range of systems.Key Responsibilities include:
- To always present a professional image to customers whether by telephone, in writing or in person.
- To develop and maintain good working relationships with customers ensuring you are always punctual, helpful and courteous.
- Timely reporting to Service Manager on progress or delays.
- Timely completion and submission of risk assessments work reports, activity reports and all other documentation.
- Timely completion of site tasks and activities as required.
- Look for recommendations and opportunities to improve the clients system, (reliability or productivity) and where appropriate provide quotations to the client for parts, consumables, plant upgrades and refurbishment work.
- Liaise with a the appropriate sales team on any potential leads.
- To carry out commissioning work on standard equipment.
- A HNC or degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical Engineering or similar
- GCSE or equivalent, English and Maths.
- A full UK driving license is required.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Experience of having worked as a Service Engineer or in a Technical Support role would be an advantage.
- Passionate about providing a first class service to our customers.
- Able to handle challenging conversations with customers and find a resolution.
- Strong communication skills both verbally and written, with the versatility to communicate at all levels in a clear and concise manner.
- A good level of IT competency
- Competitive salary
- Company car or van
- Fuel Card
- 25 days holiday plus 8 public holidays
- Life Assurance
- Pension Scheme
- Further flexible benefits