Why do we want you?
We want you because you have experience of instructional design, content creation/curation, blended learning, teaching and assessment in an HE or Professional Education/Training context. You are passionate about education/instructional course design and creation, love to make things happen and get excited about identifying and delivering simple solutions to complex problems, at pace.
Learning & Development Solutions Manager (digital content) - Instructional Design / Product Manager
Location: Birmingham - B24 9FD (flexible working considered)
Term: Perm / Freelance / Contract considered / Part Time
Salary: £32,000 - £42,000 (DOE) plus discretionary bonus
A bit about us.
CLT International is a global provider of education for professionals working in financial services. The company is UK-based with a global student community and is a subsidiary of Wilmington plc (a global information and education business). The core of our business is to provide education and development opportunities to professionals worldwide, in partnership with a professional membership body (STEP) and other commercial stakeholders. Supporting both individuals and firms worldwide, CLTI has trained over 15,000 individuals and maintains relationships with some of the world's largest financial and legal institutions, regulatory bodies and government departments.
To support our growth and development strategy, we are looking for an innovative and creative individual to contribute to the development of our brand, product and our global community.
Main Purpose of Role
You will work closely with our Product Owner and Digital Developer to support the instructional design, creation, enhancement and curation of our commercial programmes and products.
You will help with the definition of our education philosophy and ensuring our portfolio of products is current, fit for purpose/market and that it is implemented effectively across our programmes and content. In short, you will act as the bridge between the technical and business worlds, supporting the development and delivery of our education and product strategy and technical roadmaps.
Your background will need to be in education as this will help you to work with Product Owners and SMEs to design the curriculum for our programmes, including formulating learning outcomes and recommending appropriate mediums for content delivery and assessment.
The materials you develop will be promoted by our commercial team so you will need to be commercially astute in order to work closely with them to ensure customer needs are identified and at the heart of product design and ongoing enhancement, and, to give insight into who our programmes are designed for and what problems we are hoping to solve as a result of people attending.
Skills and Experience Required
- Experience in the same or similar role
- Experience instructional design, content creation/curation, learning, teaching and assessment in an HE or Professional Education/Training context
- A strong understanding for practical context combined with knowledge content in professional
education and training - to support our students' careers and ambitions
- Experience of education product design and development and education design across different international contexts
- To be educated to degree level / appropriate professional qualification or appropriate prior product
experience with an ability to work with ambiguity and complex situations
- Prior practice experience desirable
- An ability to get on with people to support the delivery and design of our programmes
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- Project Management skills with the ability to generate and use insights to identify product improvements from customer insights and feedback
- Ability to communicate with and manage customers, SMEs, internal stakeholders and senior management
- Strong levels of attention to detail
- Engaging, empathetic with ability to challenge at senior levels
"We are committed to equality, equality of opportunity and valuing diversity"