Job Title: Science TeacherSalary: MPS1 - UPS3£26,458 - £41,063ChathamJob Start: November 2020
I am recruiting for a Science teacher to join an academy school in Chatham. This is an opportunity to join a well-run department, with an ethos of collaboration, which has led to good results over recent years. The successful applicant will be joining an established and committed team of staff who work to ensure that all students both enjoy and make progress in this key subject. The school has fantastic grounds and resources, with the building itself being relatively new. This will be a maternity cover position initially and you would be employed directly by the school on a contract basis.
Applicants should have experience of teaching and assessing the new GCSE specification, and be confident in teaching Science to GCSE level. For specialists wishing to teach KS5, this is a possibility and can be discussed at interview. The science department have developed high quality, innovative schemes of learning to meet the needs of learners and new curricula. The school welcome applicants who demonstrate that they:
The School offers:
- Teach quality lessons
- Exude a passion for Science and its application to student learning and the wider world of work
- Plan and thoroughly prepare lessons
- Demonstrate excellent subject knowledge and pedagogy in Science and where necessary to take appropriate steps to further develop subject knowledge
- Set and mark work according to school assessment policy
- Assess, record and report on the development, progress and attainment of the pupils according to the school's policy and schedule
- Ensure that data is used effectively as useful measure of progress, always accompanied with a deep understanding of the pupils as individuals
- Prepare pupils thoroughly for public examinations and assess pupils for the purpose of such examinations
- Establish a consistent disciplinary approach which promotes self-direction and positive self-image; set high standards for pupil behaviour and manage inappropriate behaviour effectively using the school behaviour policy.
- Are willing to share and develop good practice, not only in the department but across all areas of the school
- Inspire, motivate and develop students
- Can be a PSHRE tutor to an assigned group of students.
- Can liaise effectively with the Year Group Progress Leaders / Pastoral Care leaders to ensure the implementation of the school's pastoral system.
- Can communicate effectively with the parents of students as appropriate, attend parents' evenings, Open/Information Evenings.
- the opportunity to work within an enthusiastic and established team under the direction of an experienced head of department.
- A CPD programme focussed on developing staff at different stages in their careers and the possibility of CPD linked to middle leadership.
- ideal location for access to London and the continent
- a technology rich school which is well resourced
- on-site parking
The school has a strong ethos of student welfare. Therefore, any successful applicant will undergo a full enhanced criminal record check (DBS).
For more information please contact John Byrne at Empowering Learning Ltd on 07934 299 452