Aspire Cambridge are recruiting for a part time Payroll and Finance Manager in Waterbeach, Cambridge.
As we continue to grow and develop our services, we are seeking an experienced Finance and Payroll Manager to join our team on a part time basis, suggested 3 days per week.
We currently outsource this function however, and as we continue to bring external resources in-house, we are now considering interest from applicants with a particular focus on weekly (agency workers) and monthly payroll processes. It is essential that the successful Payroll and Finance Manager has extensive experience in compliance and weekly payroll solutions.
This is a diverse role that will require implementation of new systems and processes. We believe that this role would be ideally suited to a "return to work parent" that would benefit from part time employment. You may be a Finance and/or Payroll Manager or a Management Accountant looking to reduce your current working hours or similar. The emphasis is on payroll.
* To manage the finance function, with a focus on weekly and monthly payroll processes, by managing payroll preparation; completing reports; maintaining records so that the finance department may achieve their objectives in an effective and efficient manner.
* Monitor the day-to-day financial operations within the company
* Process weekly and monthly payroll
* Process sales invoices
* Manage purchase invoices and suppliers
* Credit control
* Weekly bank reconciliation
* Provide timely reports and cashflow forecasts to the Director
* Work with an external accountancy firm for tax preparation other financial needs as necessary
* Provide insightful information and expectations to directors to aid in long-term and short-term decision making
* Establish and maintain financial policies and procedures for the company
* Understand and adhere to financial regulations and legislation
* Degree educated
* AAT, CMA, ACCA desirable
* Advanced knowledge of Xero - it would be advantageous to have experience of recommending and implementing an internal payroll system. We've recently adopted BrightPay however flexible through discussion to changing this.
* Knowledge of recruitment software or CRM systems
* Appropriate verbal and written communication skills
* Organisational and planning skills
* ICT literate with accurate keyboard skills
Location: Waterbeach, Cambridge
Hours: 8:30am to 5:30pm, 3 Days Per Week (Mon, Tues, Fri - non negotiable)
If you are interested in this position, feel you have the relevant experience and skills and would like to apply, please call our team on (phone number removed) or apply online.
Whilst we'd love to get back to every applicant, it is not always possible, so if you haven't heard from us within 3-5 days, please note that your application has not been successful on this occasion.
Aspire Cambridge is acting as an Employment Agency in regards to this Permanent opportunity