The Corporate Legal department of the SD Worx group (Headquarters in Belgium) seeking an in-house Legal Counsel hierarchically reporting to the International People Solutions Head Counsel. The current legal team works from Belgium (HQ), UK and Germany.
The primary function is to advise and assist the business of the SD Worx group (a worldwide Payroll and HR services provider) in the United Kingdom and Ireland on a wide range of legal and related commercial issues and to support on legal and procedural matters. This role role can be flexible on location.Key Accountabilities:
- Giving sound yet clear, cost-effective and highly practical legal advice in order to support SD Worx management and operations and ensure their compliance with legal requirements;
- Providing proactive legal knowledge and assistance to all aspects of the SD Worx (UK and IRE) business and operations;
- Preparing, reviewing, and negotiating a wide range of contractual documentation for the business (e.g. customer agreement, supplier agreement, partnerships, etc.), while ensuring that all agreements strike an appropriate balance between risk and reward for SD Worx;
- Representing and ensuring the effective handling and successful resolution of disputes and negotiations;
- Providing proactive advice and guidance on data protection, compliance and regulatory matters;
- Responsible for the local communication, implementation and training of the corporate SD Worx policies, templates, guidelines and processes with respect for specific local needs
- Ensuring such SD Worx policies and procedures are strictly adhered to, recommending and implementing improvements as appropriate;
- Actively contributing to the development and delivery of the SD Worx strategic, business and operational plans;
- Creating legal templates and best practices, based on corporate guidelines;
- Supporting in selection and managing cooperation of local advisors/experts
- Managing compliance requests from local customers;
- Supporting local management in local real estate matters.
- a university degree in law, UK based law - Law of England and Wales (knowledge of the Law of Scotland is a plus);
- Have approximately 2 years' post qualification legal experience in a well-reputed law firm and and/or in an in-house role within an international company
- Have varied training and post qualification experience in one or more of the following areas are considered to be a plus: IT law, commercial (contract) law (B2B+B2C), data protection;
- Have excellent knowledge (verbal and written) of English. Good knowledge of a second language is considered to be an asset;
- Possess first-rate analytical, communication, negotiation and contract drafting skills;
- Be business oriented, practical, pragmatic and combine a risk aware working style with a no nonsense and hardworking attitude;
- Be a team player, but must be able to work autonomously;
- Have the ability to develop strong working relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders;
- Have the intellect to deal with complex issues and planning activities and the ability and willingness to take responsibility for difficult decisions;
- Be stress-resistant and able to work under pressure;
SD Worx offers you, besides a competitive salary and benefits package, the autonomy and flexibility to take ownership of your work. With the possibilities of flexible working hours, homework, working from other offices,... you can organize your own work.
For us, learning and innovating are like breathing, inspiring us to always go beyond. We offer multiple trainings, projects... where you will learn from experts or in practice. From the start you will be engaged in your team, where we share knowledge, talents and celebrate our differences.
From many places, we work as one, moving from better to best together.