Teaching Assistant - Orbis Abbey RoseTeaching Assistant Opportunities37.5 Hours per Week - Monday to Friday.Salary: £13,617.00 to £16,586.00 /year (Based on 40 weeks per year).Orbis Abbey Rose, Tewkesbury.What's in it for you?
- Competitive salary scales which are bench marked regularly to ensure we are competitive with local market rate, alongside overtime opportunities.
- The opportunity to achieve key qualifications to ensure you can continue to develop and challenge yourself.
- A comprehensive learning and development programme to ensure everyone at Orbis has the opportunity to flourish and be the best they can be. This ranges from technical training to soft skills. Our career pathways are clearly mapped out, and we are proud to say that we have numerous examples of inspiring career stories of current employees who have progressed through the business, including up to Board level!
- Competitive annual leave allowance.
- Company pension scheme.
- Regular recognition initiatives.
- A competitive Refer a Friend scheme.
- An invitation to our annual awards event!
- Access to marketing leading reward platform PERKBOX, where you will have access to wide selection of great discounts!
We also offer a wide range of additional benefits, dependant on role.
Above all, you can look forward to joining an award winning team who make a real difference
to the lives of the individuals we support, and do truly fulfilling work!The Role
To provide education and organisational support to teachers, guide students during structured and non-structured sessions and assist each student to achieve their full potential. Offer personal care to students, in a respectful manner. The Teaching Assistant will work according to the values and beliefs of the school, including policies on equality of opportunity and the involvement of people who use services.
Orbis Education and Care is an exciting and rapidly growing sector-leading provider of specialist services for children and adults with complex needs associated with autism. Our homes and schools provide a safe, happy and stimulating environment for the individuals we support, within a framework of lifelong learning. Our focus is on supporting individual needs as well as their strengths, interests and aspirations, in order to help them to become as independent and fulfilled as possible. To be successful, you'll be;
- Passionate about providing quality care.
- Someone who has a strong work ethic and will go the extra mile.
- Honest, with a high level of integrity.
- Empathetic and caring, a passionate advocate for the individuals we support.
- A real team player.
- Creative, with the ability to think outside the box.
- Able to think on your feet, and to tailor your approach to individual needs.
- Inspirational and a positive role model to others.
- Patient and resilient in the face of setbacks.
- A strong communicator, both written and verbal.
You'll also ideally have relevant work or life experience in a similar environment where you can apply your skills in this new role. this is desirable but not essential.In addition, it would also be great if you have:
- An awareness of Positive Behaviour Support ( PBS )
- QCF Level 3
- Full UK driving licence
Orbis Education and Care Ltd is committed to safeguarding children, young people and adults at risk. All applicants will be subject to a Safer Recruitment process and all appointments are subject to receipt of a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service disclosure, satisfactory reference checks and any other suitability checks deemed essential for this role. We are committed to ensuring we provide a safe and secure environment for the individuals we support and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment
We are an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Interested? Apply online or to have a chat, please feel free to give our Recruitment Team a call!