Flexible Location - Wythall or Edinburgh INTRODUCTION AND BACKGROUND
The Assurance and Oversight team within Conduct and Compliance in the Group Risk Function is responsible for monitoring compliance by the Phoenix Group businesses with relevant rules and regulations. This is achieved through a program of targeted, risk-based compliance assurance reviews and oversight of the Group's Outsourced Service Providers (OSPs). Senior Compliance Assurance Consultants are a key part of this team.
Reporting to a Compliance Assurance Manager, the successful candidate will:
- Carry out compliance assurance reviews and other conduct and compliance related tasks as directed by the Compliance Assurance Manager and/or Head of Assurance and Oversight (HAO).
- Lead and support less experienced team members in the conduct of compliance assurance reviews and other conduct and compliance related tasks.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Plan, undertake and deliver all types of compliance assurance reviews in line with current methodology and with limited supervision. This includes interacting with senior management within the business and, where relevant, outsourced service providers.
- Draft reports to a standard appropriate for board level review.
- Ensure that where management actions are identified that these are tracked to resolution and escalated where necessary.
- Lead more junior compliance assurance consultants in the conduct of reviews and other conduct and compliance related tasks.
- Mentor more junior compliance assurance consultants and provides guidance and coaching to help their development.
- Proactively contribute to the design, production and refresh of the various components comprising the compliance monitoring universe.
- Proactively contribute to the development and continuous improvement of the compliance monitoring review methodology and approach and other aspects of the Conduct and Compliance function.
- Contribute to the maintenance of appropriate systems for analysing and reporting breaches to Phoenix by the OSPs and/or retained business (e.g. Heritage SLAL) and liaise with them in relation to remediation activities, as required.
- Provide regular updates and support to the HAO in reporting to key committees as required for Compliance Monitoring.
- Promote a mature, customer focused conduct and compliance culture at all times.
- Provide support for the delivery of OSP oversight activity and departmental objectives.
We value diversity in our workforce and welcome enquiries from everyone.Closing date: Tuesday 29th September 2019.
- Degree Qualified or equivalent experience, preferably with relevant professional qualifications
- Strong team working and influencing skills
- Strong understanding of financial services and specifically Life and Pensions, and investment management
- Strong knowledge of the Statutory and Regulatory framework applicable and some knowledge of the expectations of Regulatory Authorities
- Strong Knowledge and awareness of the requirements of the FCA rules and guidance, insurance company products, pensions legislation and TPR guidance, product administration processes and outsourced service arrangements.
- Relevant industry experience, preferably in a Compliance Monitoring/Technical role, Line 1 Risk or with an Internal Audit background
- Ability to manage and prioritise tasks and adapt to the changes in demand and priority
- Ability to work on own initiative with limited supervision
- Analytical and methodical in approach
- Tenacious and willing to follow through on actions·Customer and conduct risk focused
- Excellent organisational and planning skills, including the ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and be self-directing
- Excellent interpersonal skills (at all levels) including verbal and written communication
- Ability to influence and persuade
- Fully conversant in mainstream business software applications