Warehouse Quality Control
The role of the Warehouse Goods Inwards Inspector is to ensure that goods received from suppliers meet the criteria of the purchase order and are compliant in all respects.
MY CLIENT IS PARTICULARLY INTERESTED IN HEARING FORM EX-MILITARY PERSONNEL
1. To carry out Goods Inward inspection for all component parts entering the company, ensuring compliance to design specification and contractual requirements.
2. To identify and record any non-conformances to specification requirements.
3. To generate internal inspection reports
4. To review all external inspection reports and certification supplied with delivered product, to ensure they have been completed to the required standard and that they are fully compliant to the relevant specification requirements
5. To produce and maintain accurate inspection records and look at reducing the goods inwards inspection frequency, by identifying positive compliance trends
6. Ensure all inspection equipment is maintained, calibrated, and stored in the correct manner
7. Work with Quality, Production, and Engineering, to determine most practicable/efficient goods inwards Inspection criteria and methods.
8. Support in identification of capability of the goods inwards inspection equipment.
9. Maintain the quarantine area.
10. Provide statistical information to establish goods inwards inspection KPIs.
11. Maintain documentation control requirements
12. Communicate effectively with internal and external customers.
Qualifications & Education
* Formal technical engineering/craft apprenticeship/HNC.
* Manual handling training.
* ESD training.
* Holds a current FLT licence.
* Computer literate with use of Microsoft Word, Excel and use of MRP, ERP, CAQ systems (e.g. SAP, Babtec)
* Measuring mechanical and electrical components to drawings, specifications using visual inspection methods, verniers, micrometers, bore-micrometers.
* Mechanical bias
* Working to ISO9001, 140001 or equivalent standards
* First Article Inspection, line inspection and final inspection, with ability to compile reports
* Ability to read and understand engineering tolerances and drawings
* Time served experience within goods inwards inspection
* Safe methods of load slinging and transfer
* Familiarity with vehicle sub-systems
* Use of FARO measurement arm
Aptitude, attributes, skills and abilities
* Organised and analytical
* A keen eye for detail, superb communication skills and a precise, meticulous approach
* Strong teamwork background
* Ability to follow instruction
* Good communication skills
* Conscientious and hardworking individual who can work effectively in a fast-moving environment, whilst maintaining accuracy
* Problem solving skills
* Communication at all levels
Forward Assist Recruitment is operating as an employment agency. Forward Assist Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities employer; we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.