Do you build strong and positive relationships?
Do you have experience working with SEN/EBD?
Do you have a passion for leading vulnerable young people to success?
We are looking for a compassionate and dedicated Learning Support Assistant to work with young adults with complex and severe learning difficulties. These young people need support in finding their independence and the life & social skills they will need for their futures. This specialist school near Cranleigh provides excellent learning facilities for their students and great training modules and courses for their staff.
Benefits of working for Randstad:
-Advice and editing on your current CV
-Team teach training
-Great market knowledge to match you to your perfect role
-Exclusive online services
-Dedicated consultant throughout your journey
-Online e-learning training modules
-On call 24/7
-Access to all school facilities
-CPD opportunities available for all staff
-Free hot meal
-On-site Speech & Language and Occupational Therapists
-Off-site activities such as horse-riding, swimming, shopping and Park visits
-Opportunity to complete CABAS training
Your responsibilities will include:
- Supporting Clients' participation in social, leisure, educational and employment opportunities within the local community
- Providing the support and care identified in students' individual learning plans
- Encouraging and enabling students to maintain acceptable levels of personal and environmental hygiene
- Participating in relevant training to achieve required qualifications and attend mandatory training days/courses, on or off site, as and when required
- Interacting and participating with the students in the development of skills, supporting pupils to reach their potential for independence
An ideal candidate may possess the following skills and capabilities:
- Experience of working with adults or children with learning or communication difficulties
- 5 GCSE's with minimum Grade C/ level 4 or equivalent, including Maths and English Language
- The desire to help others to enjoy learning and develop independence
- Display honest, trustworthy & ethical behaviour at all times
-Own means of transport
If this sounds like the perfect role for and you are ready for you next challenge, apply now!
For more information about this role or to apply, contact Emily Stokes on (phone number removed) or email (url removed)
If this isn't the right role for you, we have an array of positions in the Sussex, Surrey and Brighton & Hove area which may also be of interest to you.
Randstad Education maintains the highest standard of child safety and compliance when placing candidates into schools. Any successful candidates will be subject to the compliance process that also includes the enhanced DBS check