The Hut Group aims to be the World's leading Online Health & Beauty Destination. We are currently the UK's leading multi-website online retailer with rapidly growing global operations and a unique proprietary technology platform. With over 16 million customers worldwide and 400 million visits to our sites annually, we understand the importance of reliable technology and expertise. The Role
The Infrastructure Design Engineer will be working as part of a dynamic team of infrastructure and datacentre project engineers as well as alongside internal IT Infrastructure teams and 3rd party consultants. The role will require frequent travel to various sites across the UK for meetings, workshops and to work on live construction and fit out projects across multiple sectors in the business. This will occasional require the ability to stay away from home, both in the UK and abroad.
An in depth understanding of the RIBA project framework is essential and you will be expected to provide engineering and site-based construction administration services working on live projects including landmark office HQ and other construction and fit out projects.
Roles and Responsibilities (included but not limited to):
- Coordination and delivery of infrastructure projects in line with RIBA stages.
- Coordination and delivery of internal team infrastructure projects.
- Help develop and define business requirements and processes.
- Prepare, validate and update design documentation and technical specifications, including creating and amending 2D and 3D drawings and updating project reports.
- Conduct site surveys and report on the progress of installations and ensure applicable standards are met.
- Professional representation at technical and design meetings with colleagues, clients, and contractors.
- Plan site visits and coordinate meetings to include travel arrangements and preparing and updating reports and completing risk assessments.
- Complete all administrative tasks to include submitting timesheets and expenses and project updates accurately and on time.
- Understanding of Structured cabling systems and associated support systems:
o Copper and fibre cabling media
o Cable testing
o Server/Comms room design
o Containment and Cabinets
o Active network equipment
o Security Systems (not essential)
o AV systems (not essential)
- AutoCAD skills would be an advantage but not essential
It is essential that you have the following:
- Experience in having direct responsibility for producing coordinated telecommunications construction documents.
- Experience in project completion and handover of infrastructure projects.
- Proficiency in reading and interpreting floor plans and technical drawings and specifications.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. You must be confident and feel comfortable conversing on the telephone, via email and face-to-face as well as to be able to write concise reports.
- Good general IT skills to include use of a range of Applications Word/Excel/Outlook/Teams/Visio/Planner/Confluence.
- It is imperative that you can demonstrate that you have a good attention to detail and enjoy problem solving technical and non-technical issues.
- You must be a team player but, it is important that you can work on your own initiative to include prioritising work and adhering to deadlines.
- You will be reliable, self-motivated and flexible.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Competitive Salary, plus a bonus
- You'll be joining a growing, intelligent team that will drive business change
- You'll have the opportunity to make an impact within the team, applying the skills and methodologies you've learnt
- You'll be working for a company with an excellent culture, in a friendly and fast paced environment
- You'll be able to react to change with backing from the business
- You'll have the opportunity to solve complex business/technical problems