Perfect timing for the introduction of product management as we continue to invest heavily in our infrastructure, this is a high profile opportunity to drive the development of a brand-new product management function in a growth category.
BASIC SALARY: £55,000 - £60,000
· Company Car
· Pension Scheme
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Leicester, Derby, Nottingham, Burton upon Trent, Hinckley, Coventry, Birmingham, Lichfield, Tamworth, Nuneaton, Loughborough, Rugby.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Product Manager : Construction Products - Manufacturing / Industrial Products
We are one of the largest manufacturers of building products in the UK, our 18 manufacturing sites produce a top-quality range of iconic and trusted brands. We supply directly to contractors, via Architects/Specifiers and through a network of distributors into a broad variety of commercial, residential and public sector construction projects across the UK.
This is a brand-new Product Manager's role that will take full responsibility for a range of product solutions for the growing MMC and off-site manufacturing category. A rare chance to combine road map definition for new products and new markets with a clear category/channel approach.
We have a clear industry pedigree and we are very strong technically; this new role will utilise these strengths but more importantly you will implement and manage an insight focussed product management process that will deliver future success in this category. You will take centre stage in the business as we want marketing, NPD and innovation to drive our future growth.
REQUIREMENTS: Product Manager : Construction Products / Manufacturing / Industrial Products
· You will have demonstrable product management experience - ideally from manufacturing in an industrial or construction setting but we are open to applications from other sectors.
· A desire to be part of developing a new function and being a strong voice in our business.
· You will have the ability to drive product life cycle but also have a clear understanding of the detail necessary for top class category/channel management.
· Motivated to 'challenge the norm' and drive improvement, innovation, and change.
· Ability to communicate and collaborate with stakeholders at all levels in marketing, NPD, sales, technical and operations.
WHY THIS ROLE? Product Mangaer : Construction Products / Manufacturing / Industrial Products
· We are one of the largest manufacturers in our sector with highly respected and well-known brands and some unique products.
· This is a high profile and rare opportunity to drive the development of a brand-new product management function to take full advantage of some clear USP's.
· MMC (Modern Methods of Construction) including off-site manufacturing is a huge new growth area and you will devise the plan to establish our market share in this category.
· You will combine devising road maps for new products and markets with a disciplined analytical category approach.
· You will find a management team and board that is welcoming, supportive, and very enthusiastic about this new appointment.
· Perfect timing for the introduction of product management as we continue to invest heavily in our infrastructure, £95 million on a new factory, doubling the current capacity for new products.
· There will be opportunities for career development as this function grows.
Please Note: Wallace Hind Selection have been chosen as the retained recruitment partner of our client and therefore any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
REF: GB15984, Wallace Hind Selection