This assignment is to support the team in a short-term capacity taking on a position as Cluster Engagement Manager for the Northern Europe Cluster of countries (UK, Ireland, Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Iceland & Finland) and across our enterprises. You will be part of a small procurement team in support of approximately $400 million in spend in Marketing & Sales categories and Business Services for Johnson & Johnson Companies. The role will support the Cluster Engagement Lead and the other Cluster Team Managers.
The successful individual will:
• Provide strong collaboration with business stakeholders, suppliers and the procurement community.
• Support the development of Marketing category strategies in close collaboration with the Global and Regional Category teams;
• Lead and direct the implementation of category initiatives to support the Business teams in the different sectors such as Consumer, Pharma and Medical Devices as well as across sector initiatives within our operating companies.
• Deliver end to end Procurement sourcing cycle events for a range of Marketing categories
• Provide supplier relationship management in key relationships within categories.
The Cluster Engagement Manager NE's scope of responsibilities include:
• Representing Procurement in the cluster as Primary point of contact
• Active Stakeholder Management to enable key procurement initiatives
• Identify business insights, business needs and priorities in close collaboration with the category organization and the Business Engagement Lead's
• Travel between key office locations including Nordics * subject to COVID-19 restrictions & local J&J policy
Category & Supplier Management
• Understand the category strategy and drive the strategy implementation in the cluster in close collaboration with the business partners to deliver maximum value for J&J
• Accountable for delivery of Procurement cluster commitments including financial, service, reliability, quality, social impact, innovation, and growth
• Develop deep supplier relationships with cluster specific suppliers to include data review and analysis, performance management and development, and improvement of end-to-end value, and bring innovation to the business;
• Escalate issues that may impact the Regional and/or Global Procurement organization.
Knowledge, skills and attributes
• Broad experience in Commercial Category Management in Marketing and Sales (Media & Agencies, Professional Education, Sales & Distributions, Marketing Operations or Market Research)
• Broad-based understanding of business operations and practices and core Procurement areas of focus (Spend Management: Category Management and Supplier Management);
• Able to make an impact on delivery in short lead times
• Able to prioritize requests, and propose effective cost/customer service alternatives;
• Ability to show judgment in developing new approaches and resolving issues;
• Ability to show strategic thinking;
• Strong project management skills;
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to confidently present complex information in English, any additional Cluster language will be a plus;
• Strong level of credibility with internal customers, and with the supplier community;
• Strong influencing skills with ability to see issues from multiple viewpoints and understand differing needs of stakeholders (e.g. Senior Business leaders, different Businesses, Procurement LT, Marketing, R&D, Supply Chain);
• Demonstrated flexibility and willingness to respond to changes in the external environment, while ensuring the organization is able to effectively and efficiently move through transitions.
Although it is not possible for us to respond to all applications, we at PE Global will do our upmost to give you feedback on your application. You have sent your Cv into us as a company and even though you have sent your CV to a particular position, we are making the reasonable assumption that you are active on the job market and as part of our normal recruitment service we will discuss other suitable positions with you. You are free to opt out of this so please specify in your application to us if you just want to be contacted in relation to a specific vacancy. Your Cv is sent to a central recruitment inbox which a number of people in the applicable PE Global division have access to and so this means that you might not be contacted by the named person in this advert