Job Title: Behaviour Mentor
Salary Scale: up to £90 a day
Start Date: September 2020
Contract: Temporary to Permanent
GSL Education is currently looking to appoint some experienced Behaviour Mentor for some of our client schools in Slough.
The school is looking for someone who has experience working with individuals and small groups of children with social, emotional, and behavioural difficulties. Due to the students having SEMH (and additional challenging behaviour), this role would suit someone who is able to build a strong rapport with young people and children, resilient, doesn't take things personally, calm, and able to deescalate a situation. You would be working with pupils on a 1:1 basis and at times within small groups.
The successful individual must have the ability to motivate students and achieve excellent results and have the capacity to work collaboratively as part of a successful team.
Ideal candidates will:
* Have previous experience working as a Behaviour Mentor.
* Be working one to one with a young child who needs support.
* Be someone who has experience working within a secondary setting
* Have experience working with the pupil who has ADHD & SEMH
* Improve the behaviour and wellbeing of individual pupils.
* Support pupils who are experiencing learning difficulties.
* Be able to establish meaningful positive relationships quickly;
* Supporting pupils inside and outside of the classroom.
* Helping pupils to increase their confidence and self-esteem by listening to them and devising appropriate strategies.
GSL Education is an ethical, independent recruitment agency serving teachers across Watford. Our advertised teaching roles relate to real vacancies that exist at our client schools.
For more information on the role, school, and how to apply, please contact Safirul at GSL Education on (phone number removed)