Optimum Recruitment Group are working with this well established client based on the outskirts of York to appoint an organised, professional, committed and enthusiastic Finance/Administration Assistant to support the smooth running of this growing company.
The successful candidate will be able to work effectively in a busy office with close attention to detail. We are seeking to recruit someone with both the commitment, personal drive, enthusiasm, and energy to contribute to the team wherever is required.
* Purchase ledger - matching, batching and posting invoices
* Payment and allocation of all supplier/non-supplier payments
* Bank and statement reconciliations
* Administration support to purchasing team.
* Setting up new suppliers.
* Creating purchase orders.
* Updating and maintaining accounting and procurement systems, databases and spreadsheets.
* Dealing with queries and requests via telephone and email. Liaising with third parties and staff members as necessary regarding such matters.
* Checking all monthly credit card transactions, matching with receipts and allocating as an appropriate expense.
* General administration tasks as required
This role would suit someone who has experience in a finance or administration position preferably with some purchase ledger experience. The successful candidate will have strong IT skills, particularly Microsoft Excel. Experience of ERP / knowledge of integrated accounting software would be advantageous.
You must be detail focussed, be naturally numerical and be a good team player. You will be calm under pressure and working to deadlines. You will be self-motivated and enthusiastic with a flexible attitude to work and able to demonstrate an excellent work ethic. In return, you will receive a competitive salary with support for professional development, and the opportunity of joining a business at an exciting time of growth.
Salary up to £23,000 plus benefits depending on skills and experience