Lead Data Manager-Security, Risk & Assurance : Up to £72,933 per annum, 27% pension contributions, great culture and benefits include flexible working and work life balance DWP. Digital with Purpose.
DWP is the UK's largest government department. We deliver products and services that are used by millions of people in the UK, every day and at key moments in their lives.
- Are you an exceptional leader and influencer with expertise in shaping and delivering a roadmap for critical data services?
- understanding customer needs?
- Can you be a Custodian and Steward for a deliverable vision for the transformation of data as a service?
- Can simplify complex issues and bring value to our Ops Security, Risk & Assurance function?
- And are you ready to be part of an epic digital transformation? Then look no further, we'd love to hear from you!
This is an exciting and critical time to join DWP Digital. We are transforming the way DWP delivers services to meet the evolving needs of society, our workforce of 86,000 and our 22 million users. Click apply now to start an application and join our team.Data. Work. Products. About you and your role:
As the Lead Data Manager within Security Risk & Assurance
you will be working closely with our Chief Data Protection Officer
. You'll be responsible for cross -governmental data services including cyber security resilience, managing physical data assets, risk and vetting, information access control, memos of understanding, data sharing agreements and data transfer requests.
You'll operationalise control over these processes across the business, and drive a continuous programme for maintaining and improving the transformation of data into useful information for business decision making.
You have key accountability for data receipt, data assurance, data control, and data governance in order to support timely delivery of all data products and services.
You are a collaborative leader, with a real understanding of how to manage people, processes and customers to best deliver value, purpose and vision. You influence and motivate others, ensuring positive morale and team spirit. You'll help us ensure meaningful contributions are celebrated and recognised. You have experience of embedding positive cultural change. You'll be able to win hearts and minds.
It's an expert-level role encompassing ownership and responsibility. You'll ensure a quality service and user needs are met across a portfolio of data products and services including breaches or any misappropriation of data.
You'll lead colleagues from across a variety of disciplines, providing expert advice or dealing with complex or high level problems.
You will manage stakeholder escalation and communication during major incidents with an impact on data quality, latency and timely delivery.What skills, knowledge and experience are we looking for?
Where you'll work
- Experience leading the investigation and resolution of incidents.
- Proven experience in implementing legal, regulatory and security requirements into a data service delivery environment.
- You have implemented robust security risk management processes and solutions and assurance mechanisms.
- Experience of leading the collection of evidence and conducting formal audits or reviews of activities, processes, data, products or services and identifying non-compliance and abnormal occurrences.
- Implementation of data governance processes to support the changes to the organisational strategy and aligning those processes with wider governance considerations.
- Experience engaging and working with senior level supplier and customer functions to establish business security requirements. Identifying and leading programmes of work to meet those requirements compliant to current and future legislation and policies
- The successful candidate must be DV cleared or undertake the process as part of the on-boarding.
You'll join us in your choice of our brilliant digital hubs in either Blackpool, Leeds or Newcastle
. Find out more about our hubs here: https://careers.dwp.gov.uk/our-locations/
We're the UK's biggest government department with over 80,000 diverse and brilliant people on our team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, disability, gender, race or sexuality.Details. Wages. Perks.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary for this role is up to £72,933
per annum dependent on level of skills and experience, a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions worth 27%+ and a generous leave package.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
CLICK APPLY for more information and to start your application. If you want to talk about this opportunity before you apply contact me Tia Nicholas via Linked in.
- Flexible working
- Family friendly policies
- Volunteering and charitable giving
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it's even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Professional development, coaching, mentoring and career progression opportunities.