SEND Teacher - Full time
Start date: ASAP/September 2020
Contract: Full time
GSL Education are currently seeking to appoint an outstanding SEND Teacher to join our friendly and dynamic client school. It provides opportunities for all pupils to learn and achieve academically, emotionally, socially, and behaviorally.
The role is for a Secondary PRU school based in Slough. A SEND teacher is required for a long term sickness absence from September to teach for this secondary setting. The school have high standards of behavior and students feel safe and secure. Teachers in this school build strong relationships with every individual student, they nurture their personal growth and through carefully designed experiences support them to become confident, ambitious, and socially responsible young men and women.
The school is looking for someone who can plan and teach to students of KS3 and KS4 that follow the agreed departmental schemes of work and teaching guidelines.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a qualified SEND Secondary teacher (ideally with PGCE, GTP, B'ed, Cert Ed, BA with QTS).
- Demonstrate recent experience as a Teacher (this could include PGCE placement schools)
- Holds a good honors degree or equivalent in the field.
- Demonstrate a clear and well-thought-out understanding of current educational issues, theory, and practice.
- Have detailed knowledge of the relevant aspects of the students' National Curriculum and other statutory requirements.
- Be an enthusiastic, highly motivated individual who leads by example.
- Demonstrate good communication and interpersonal skills with excellent behavior management strategies.
GSL Education is an ethical, independent recruitment agency serving Teachers and Support Staffs across UK. Our advertised teaching roles relate to real vacancies that exist in our client Schools.
We welcome applications from all SEND Teachers who feel that they can add value to this school and who can prosper in a highly effective, fast-paced environment.
How to apply:
If your application is successfully shortlisted by our specialist team, your details will then be released to our Headteachers who have vacancies matching your preferences. You will then be invited for an interview in school. All references will be taken up prior to interviews.
All offers of appointment are subject to satisfactory references, DBS/criminal record checks.
Candidates wishing to apply are requested to contact Safirul at GSL Education on (phone number removed) as soon as possible