Mechanical Shift Engineer / Maintenance Engineer / Mechanical Engineer.
Our client who is an international manufacturer of household products is looking for a Multi Skilled Shift Engineer (Mechanical Bias) to join them on a permanent basis. This is a great opportunity to join a market leader during a time of growth.
Mechanical Shift Engineer duties include:
* Maintenance of manufacturing machinery.
* Preventative Maintenance
* Repairing and troubleshooting problems with industrial machinery
* Identifying faulty equipment through observation and established testing metrics
* Perform repairs to faulty machinery
* Assess condition of existing parts utilizing precision tools such as micrometers, and calipers.
* To ensure that all necessary records including maintenance procedures, setting sheets, notifications etc are available and kept updated
* Ability to read prints, drawings and shop manuals for correct specifications of equipment to be maintained
Mechanical Maintenance Engineer criteria:
* Must be an experienced Mechanical Maintenance Engineer
* Experience on packaging and food lines
* Must have relevant qualifications (NVQ level 3, Mechanical Apprenticeship or ONC)
* Must be able to think on your feet and prioritise, be a strong problem solver and have good written, numeracy and IT skills.
* Experience with Metal Detectors, case erector and case filler machines, weighers, conveyors would be very helpful
Hours of Work: 4 On 4 Off days 12.5 hours