An opportunity has arisen to come and work for one of the UK's leading FE Colleges, graded outstanding by OFSTED. We excel in offering high quality, technical and professional education leading to professional and skilled employment through strong relationships with employers. B&FC is a major local employer with over 1000 staff and an annual turnover of £52m. Over 16,000 students choose to study at B&FC each year and over 1,000 employers choose to work with us. The Position
An opportunity has arisen to join the Leadership, Management and Lifestyle department as a Specialist Practitioner in Barbering. This is a permanent part-time opportunity working 18.5 hours per week across 2/3 days.
Ideally, we would be looking to see candidates with a strong barbering background and ideally, within industry. The minimum qualification for this post is a Level 2 Barbering however, a Level 3 would be desirable. The successful post-holder would have the opportunity to obtain a fully-funded further qualification in Barbering Level 3 if required.
It would be advantageous for anyone to have experience within Further Education or in a training capacity however, this is desirable.
(Please note that the salary advertised for this post is a full-time-equivalent and the actual take home salary would be calculated pro-rata. On this occasion, the take-home salary working 18.5 hours per week would be £10,081 - £12,224) Rewards and Benefits
In return, B&FC offers a competitive rewards and benefits package including:
How to Apply
- Generous annual leave entitlement (38 days FTE including bank holidays)
- Continuous Professional Development (CPD) opportunities
- Free courses*
- Competitive pension scheme
- Sports facilities, including a fully-equipped Gym (Bispham Campus)
- Flexible working hours
- Free 'healthy' breakfast- (dependant on campus)
- Family friendly policies
- Access to mental health support and advice
- Free eye tests and healthcare schemes
- Free car parking
- Starbucks - dependant on campus
- Food outlets catering for a variety of choices, including Level 6 restaurant (Bispham Campus)
- Access to discounted on-site facilities including: Hair and beauty treatments, Bakery, Office and printing services
- Before applying for this role please read the Job Description and Person Specification to ensure that you meet the criteria for this role.
- If you are interested applying for this role, please click on the 'apply for this job' button and complete the online form.
- In order to apply for this role the on-line form must be completed.
- Please note the supporting statement within the online form has a limit of 1000 words so please be concise with your evidence.
- You also have the option to upload your CV in support of your application at the beginning of your application.