We are delighted to be working exclusively with one of the top Care providers in the UK, I'm looking to appoint a Registered Nurse for a home in Ferndown, Dorset.
Our client is looking for qualified candidates who will be an asset to their nursing team and promote an atmosphere which enables residents to live as independently as possible.
Role: Registered General Nurse
Hours: Full time
Salary: £22.12 per hour (36 hours per week)
To ensure the highest standards of person-centred care and service are always delivered to residents' whilst maintaining their independence and choice in a homely environment. Promote excellent customer service and treat residents with dignity and respect at all times. Actively ensure the highest standard of care by managing and participating in the development of HCAs, students & other allocated staff, as required. Taking full accountability for the home and the team in the absence of the Home Manager or Clinical Lead.
• Ensure the individual requirements of each resident are regularly assessed to ensure that they receive the highest standard of care and service appropriate to their identified needs.
• Ensure each resident has an up to date and agreed care plan which details the interventions necessary and demonstrates an active discussion has taken place with all parties.
• To evaluate and review all care plans in line with policy to ensure they fully meet the required standard.
• Participate fully in the overall care of the residents, enabling quality of life through effective direct care and service.
• Take full responsibility for the home in the absence of the Home Manager and/or Clinical Lead.
• To respond professionally and effectively to clinical emergencies in the home seeking urgent/emergency support from GP/Out of Hours services/999 as needed (including but not exclusively responding effectively to - falls, head injuries, chest pain, respiratory distress, pain, sickness, acute confusion/delirium and challenging behaviour).
• To promptly escalate any serious clinical issues/concerns to Clinical Lead or Home Manager as appropriate.
• Act professionally at all times, demonstrating and working within the NMC's 'The Code', the Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) Regulations 2010 and the Care Quality Commission (Registration) Regulations 2009, Mental Capacity Act (MCA) 2005 including Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DOLs).
• Actively manage end of life care, ensuring resident's wishes and beliefs are respected at all times.
• Take accountability for the medication rounds making sure that medication is administered strictly in line with Colten Care's policies and procedures adhering to the NMC Code of Professional Practice and the NMC Guidelines for the Administration of Medications.
• Keep accurate records according to the Colten Care's procedures, e.g. drug administration, accidents and incidents, and care planning. 2 Job Description RGN RMN MAR 2019March 2019
• Regularly, professionally and sensitively liaise with residents family and friends whilst maintaining confidentiality (ensuring resident consent to release information).
• Liaise effectively with doctors, health visitors, social workers, local hospitals and other community workers, to ensure the needs of our residents are met in a timely fashion.
• To arrange residents internal and external visits to Health Care Professionals as necessary.
• Attend all statutory and mandatory training sessions, to comply with professional/legislative requirements.
• To demonstrate on going self-development, making certain that personal practice remains evidence based. Identify own learning needs in response to clinical needs of residents in the home and request training/supervision from to Clinical Lead/Home Manager as required.
• Report any concerns raised about the home by residents, relatives, staff or visitors to Home Manager/Clinical Lead.
• Support residents with challenging behaviour safely and effectively plus have a working understanding of how/when DOLS can be applied in the home. Staff Management
• Ensure the residents receive the highest standard of care by providing effective day to day supervision/leadership, communication and management of care staff, visiting agency staff or any staff member from the multi-disciplinary team.
• Assist the Clinical Lead in the appraisal of care staff, identifying their training needs and promoting their personal and professional development.
• To comply with Colten Care's 'supervision' policy - currently six per year.
• Additional responsibility may be allocated in a specific clinical area of the home, e.g. ordering and checking medication, infection control, tissue viability or continence management, this will be the decision of the Home Manager and/or Clinical Lead.
• Be responsible for the health and safety of self, other staff, residents and visitors under the Health and Safety regulations. Punctually report any hazards, potential hazards or defects to the person in charge or take other appropriate action.
• Adhere to all Colten Care's policies & procedures.
• Adhere to the safeguarding of vulnerable adults and whistle blowing procedures and understand when they should be implemented, acting promptly as the occasion arises. Extra duties
• Attend meetings (including staff meetings) and contribute to the overall operational effectiveness of the Company.
• Undertake any other duties consistent with the role.
• This is not an exhaustive list and may be reviewed at any time to reflect current or changing practices.
• RGN/RMN's to ensure there is an appropriate and competent clinical skill mix at all times within the home.
We look forward to hearing from qualified applicants