Our story is both inspiring and remarkable, it is one of growth and success amid some extraordinary circumstances.
This is the story of Gama Healthcare.
Born from two curious medical doctors who challenged the status quo and led them to develop today's innovative range of infection prevention products for both hospitals and consumers.
Wipes and hand sanitising gels could hardly be more topical at the moment, just two of the products from our innovative range. From humble beginnings to becoming the largest supplier of wipes to the NHS is quite some feat.
We've all seen the stories of "super-bugs", MRSA and microbial resistance. Add into the mix the devastating effects on people's lives of Coronavirus and you can understand why we are passionate about what we do.
It is also why we continue to innovate new products, moving us into new spaces. It is these new products, Rediroom a temporary isolation room and Violet, a UV room sanitiser that is driving our latest recruitment.
We are recruiting a Software Engineer into our Capital Equipment team within the Science & Innovation group based in Halifax.What will you do?
What will you need?
- Take full responsibility for the Software development within the Category.
- Act as project manager and project owner in the delivery of Software work packages
- Provide technical solutions or manager both internal or external teams to delivery GAMA Electro-mechanical device software strategy
- Create, Development and implement GAMA IP strategy with regards Software and Firmware Provide the Category with new possibilities and competitive solutions based on research and contacts with users, external institutions, and suppliers.
- Coach and provide Category team members with best working practice regarding the planning and delivery of software and software related projects
- Deliver Software and Software verification and validation that meets all GAMA requirements
- Deliver all software and computer code documentation related to key projects
- Deliver testers and testing on manufactured products related to software and software applied functionally
- Actively drive and propose methods/techniques to predict, interpret and translate customer and business needs into product specifications within the field of Software and Firmware
- Guide and coach the Category team when it comes to software development issues e.g. technical solutions, internal processes, and external standards.
- Build a viable and reliable supplier network to deliver the agreed Category and Franchise roadmap
- Lead or participate in cross-functional development projects in all stages of the CNtV process, within the areas of software and firmware development
- Be R&D representative in due diligence work in software or firmware areas.
- Educate and train people internally on product design and R&D in order to improve the internal knowledge and competence in the company.
- Participate in the work and actively propose changes to the Stage Gate process to adapt to the new ways of working
What will you get?
- Academic background within engineering (Bachelor or master's degree) or corresponding experience.
- Good knowledge in regulatory requirements and standards for medical devices in particular Software, e.g. MDD, FDA.
- Experience from R&D in the Medical Device Industry or equivalent.
- Performance driven, result oriented mind set and delivering against committed milestones through internal and external resources
- Proven experience in taking ownership of large projects and delivering on time and on budget
- Commercial experience to select, build and leader external developments of full and part projects using a combination of internal and external expertise and suppliers
- Ability to apply technical knowledge in new areas can quickly dive deep into new technologies and assess and evaluate them e.g. as part of due diligence Good knowledge in IP generation.
- Experience in Linux, Android and well as Bluetooth connected products would be favourable
- Experience in ISO62304 would be beneficial
- A competitive salary up to £52,000
- Commitment to your personal and professional development
- Annual performance related bonus
- 25 days holiday (plus statutory)
- A competitive pension scheme
- Private Medical Insurance Health
- Cashback plan for money back on dentists, opticians etc
For several years we've achieved double digit growth and we're not stopping there. We're looking for talented individuals to join us on our journey. Apply now!