Senior Contracts Manager
· Represent NetNumber in commercial carrier and enterprise licensing and services activities.
· Independently review, negotiate, and draft software licenses, services and supply agreements, including on-premises licenses, Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) and cloud, consulting, NDAs and related agreements in support of NetNumber's enterprise and reseller sales and professional services organizations.
· Act in both an advisory and a "hands-on" position requiring day-to-day interaction with NetNumber field sales representatives, consulting services professionals, product managers, finance professionals and others.
· Resource to business units seeking guidance on structuring complex transactions.
· Identify and address commercial, financial, legal and operational issues on complex matters and seek advice from management and subject matter experts for complicated issues.
· Provide contracts summaries and 'issue spot' in agreements.
· Interface with corporate finance and other supporting cross functional organizations to answer questions and resolve issues related to legal issues in support of transactional business.
· Interact with senior company executives to explain risks associated with business decisions.
· Provide exceptional customer service to internal and external clients, building strong relationships.
· Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of licensing and services issues and related business practices, policies and procedures, and the ability to apply such knowledge to non-standard and highly complex transactions.
· Ability to analyze and negotiate contract requirements, special provisions and general terms and conditions to ensure compliance with appropriate laws, regulations, corporate policies and business unit procedures.
· Ability to demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations.
· Ability to work independently on both transactional matters and departmental projects, while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional teams.
· Be proactive in identifying issues in assigned task areas.
· Demonstrate a working knowledge of revenue recognition principles.
· Ability to independently draft, negotiate or modify existing templates or contractual instruments based upon company policies or create organic contracts as the deal requires.
· Working knowledge of methods of contracting through distributors and reseller partners.
· Ensure contract review, approval and execution in accordance with corporate guidelines.
· Ability to effectively communicate contract policy and practice to internal business teams.
· Ability to provide accurate, high-quality yet practical and concise advice at all levels.
· Project management skills, including tracking and reporting.
· Flexible and adaptable in a changing and challenging environment; able to think 'out of the box' when unexpected/unplanned events arise.
· Confident and professional communication, presentation, and negotiation skills in the English language. Bi- or multi-lingual abilities are a plus, but not required.
· Excellent customer-focused skills, both internal and external.
· Qualified candidates will be self-directed, detail-oriented and motivated; approachable and trustful, demonstrate a high level of accountability, leadership, and decisiveness and the ability to work efficiently under pressure; prioritize and execute on multiple priorities.
· Interest & general knowledge of technology and current trends in software / IT industry, including cybersecurity and privacy trends (e.g. GDPR).
· IT Literate, with working knowledge of using Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Qualifications and Experience
· Bachelor's degree required. Post-graduate degree is a plus.
· A minimum of 8 years' experience as a contract negotiator at a medium to large technology business (preferably software or cloud), or equivalent legal experience; experience negotiating contracts in telecom is a plus.