Motor Lawyer- Property & Coverage - Bolton
Keoghs LLP is one of the leading insurance law firms in the UK and can rightly claim to be amongst the most dynamic in its sector. We now have an exciting opportunity for a talented legal professional to join our Property Risks and Coverage Team. This role is based at our Bolton North stand office and you will be part of our Motor property sub specialist team. Flexible working is encouraged for the right candidate.
The caseload involves acting for most of the leading UK insurers and our Motor Property team is required to take a collaborative approach with those insurers. You will be part of a team handling some of the most complex motor indemnity property damage claims together with defended liability matters, coverage and motor indemnity recovery matters.
This is a case handling role for a well-rounded lawyer who is well organised and can use their initiative where issues regularly include the question of indemnity/coverage and where rights of action against an uninsured driver and/or the insurer's customer feature regularly. Tort of deceit is a growing work type and a knowledge of fraud in this sub specialist team is essential.Key Accountabilities
The candidate will run a caseload in their own right and will be required to balance the competing deadlines of that case load.
• Initial file review - considering the questions of indemnity, liability, limitation, quantum and strategy
• Preparation and delivery of reports to clients on a NDA basis.
• Considering the question of liability in so far as it relates to policy holders, third parties and other insurers
• Dealing with all aspects of the litigation process through to resolution and/or trial which will include but will not be limited to:
- Drafting witness statements.
- Instructing experts and counsel.
- Carrying out investigations
- Legal research
- Attending meetings, conferences, ADR and preparing notes of meetings.
- Dealing with routine correspondence.
In addition to the above the candidate may become involved in strategic litigation.Essential Skills & Attributes
- Previous Defendant property insurance litigation experienceExperience of running own case load
- A working knowledge of principles of motor indemnity
- A knowledge and understanding of the types of disputes handled by the department and claims handled by the department's insurer clients.
- Legal qualification required i.e. Solicitor / FILEX
· Previous experience of dealing with Defendant fraud insurance matters.
Knowledge of claims involving breach of contract, negligence, nuisance and insurance coverage disputes.What we Can Offer You
· A learning culture with employee development at the heart of the people development pathway
·Excellent flexible benefits
· Standard 35 hour week
· 25 days holiday per year plus bank holidays (opportunity to buy & sell 3 days)
· Flexible working options
· Health Cash Plan
· Pension Contribution based
· Cycle to Work Scheme*
· Tech Scheme*
· Season Ticket Loan*
· Gym Flex*
· Access to Online Discount Sites
· Discounted Gourmet Society Membership
· Discounted Tickets for Merlin Attractions nationwide
· Discounts at local retail outlets
*after successfully completing probation
Keoghs is one of the leading providers of claims-related services to insurers, businesses and other suppliers to the insurance sector. We combine proven processes, technology and a low cost infrastructure with deep legal and insurance market knowledge. This enables us to create individual solutions for each of our clients that match their requirements in terms of quality, performance and value for money.
Our culture is focussed on making Keoghs sustainable and successful for our people and clients, with this our five values are at the heart of everything we do;
We listen, are down to earth and supportive
We work together towards a common goal
We're friendly with a can do attitude
We care about our clients
We'd like to take this opportunity to thank you for interest in this position and in our organisation
Strictly no agencies please
Keoghs is a Disability Confident employer and we endeavour to recruit from the widest possible pool of suitable candidates.
If you require any adjustments or special arrangements to be made to our application process on account of a disability please contact recruitment.