Assystem Energy & Infrastructure
are recruiting for a Senior Safety Engineer to join our expanding team in Derby
on a permanent
This role will play a key part in the expansion of our operations in Derby and will be a vital technical role within project delivery. Role Details:
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Job title: Senior Safety Engineer
- Salary: Competitive + Benefits
- Location: Derby
- Hours: 37 hours
- Contract type: Permanent
What we are looking for in our next Senior Safety Engineer:
- Contribute to the project delivery plan demonstrating strong technical and commercial awareness.
- Work closely with the project team to achieve agreed milestones.
- Produce technical solutions from customer requirements and initial concepts and lead/work with designers to provide optimal project solutions.
- Produce project deliverables in accordance with project requirements current best practice and to the relevant standards and procedures.
- Ensure assigned work is delivered to agreed time scales, costs, and to the required quality.
- Facilitate technical review meetings with the client professionally and productively and ensure that the client obtains first class project deliverables.
- Assist with the preparation of estimates for projects or proposals.
- A degree in a relevant engineering discipline or the ability to demonstrate the underpinning knowledge and understanding required for chartership.
- Considerable experience in working with a highly regulated industry, ideally Nuclear or Defence
- Experience in delivering hazard analysis and risk assessment to include HAZOP, SWIFT, checklists, FMEA, FTA, ETA safety techniques etc.
- Assessing tolerability, ALARP and ALARA arguments in the safety environment.
- Producing robust safety arguments and reports including substantiation of SFRs and authoring of design substantiation reports.
- Sound understanding of the national/international safety related standards, procedures and processes, and the requirements of a modern standard safety case.
- Well versed in the application of appropriate engineering standards.
- Good interpersonal, communication and influencing skills.
Whilst we encourage applications from all nationalities, Assystem within the UK are subject to security and export control restrictions due to the nature of work to be undertaken.
These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and/or your place of birth may limit those roles that you can perform for the organisation.
Eager to find out more? For an informal, confidential conversation about this role or to discuss other opportunities at Assystem within the Energy & Nuclear market please get in touch with Kilian Underhill directly.