Who are we looking for?
Our client requires a business support analyst for the Sales, After-sales support function and the User Access Management support.
· The provision of application support and maintenance services for the Sales, After-sales applications, either directly to users of the systems or to service delivery functions. Support typically includes investigating and progressing the resolution of issues, fulfilling requests and may also include performance monitoring.
· Issues / requests may be resolved / fulfilled by working closely with the users and a number of other teams / support partners, providing guidance or training to users, by devising corrections (permanent or temporary) for faults, making general or site-specific modifications / process improvements, updating documentation etc...
· Working closely with the Client's delivery team, Incident Management etc..., providing updates and progress.
· Supporting the resolution (both reactive and proactive) of problems throughout the information system lifecycle, including classification, prioritisation and initiation of action, assisting with identifying the root causes of issues and their remedies to prevent future incidents.
· The candidate will be leveraged across the sales, after-sales and User access management support functions.
Key Responsibilities include:
· Ensures that support requests / incidents are properly logged, assigned and responded to in a timely manner and according to agreed standards and procedures. Ensures users and other interested parties are kept informed of progress and that corrective action is taken to avoid or minimise delays
· Monitors and manages performance of the applications support activity. Take responsibility for its effectiveness, proactively checking for new issues / requests being raised (e.g. checking for emails received, incident / request tickets being assigned to the team's queue etc...). Acts to progress / remedy deficiencies, supports service level management with meeting service level agreements.
· Co-ordinates and manages rapid response and permanent resolution to issues and problems, ensuring that appropriate action is taken to investigate and resolve them, with minimal downtime to systems and services. Proactively matches unresolved incidents against existing problems, known errors and other incidents.
· Determines and initiates preventative measures, such as identifying and investigating Sales application bugs / common issues and working with support teams to provide solutions, identifying processes being followed by users that work against how the system is designed to work and providing guidance on improving processes (or identifying where change is necessary to meet the needs of the business).
· Makes decisions and gives information and advice relating to problem management, including any relevant continual service improvement information.
· Analyses incident trends and potential problem areas, so that actions can be taken to minimise the occurrence of incidents and to improve the process of problem reporting, analysis and resolution. Assesses the probable causes of incidents and consequences of existing problems and known defects.
· Provides advice and guidance to less experienced colleagues as required, keeping knowledge documentation
· Supporting project activity by providing application and process knowledge, assisting project testers / users with their testing etc.
Skills / Experience Required: -
· Analytical Thinking - Acquiring a proper understanding of a problem or situation by breaking it down systematically into its component parts and identifying the relationships between these parts, selecting the appropriate approach/method/tool to resolve the problem and reflecting on the result.
· Planning and Organisation - Determining a course of action by breaking it down into smaller steps and by planning and resourcing each of these, making allowance for potential problems.
· Decision Making - Making decisions at the appropriate time, taking into account the needs of the situation, priorities, constraints and the availability of necessary information.
· Interacting with People - Establishing relationships and maintaining contacts with people from a variety of backgrounds. Effective and sensitive communicator in different societies and cultures.
· Influence, Persuasion and Personal Impact - The ability of an individual to convey a level of confidence and professionalism, positively influencing and persuading others to take a specific course of action when there is no direct line of command or control.
Who are we?
Mphasis is a leading IT solutions provider, offering Applications, Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) and Infrastructure services globally through a combination of technology knowhow, domain and process expertise. Over the years we have left an indelible impression in the IT solutions domain with an impressive clientele and an extensive global presence. The accolades we have been garnering can be attributed to our undeterred focus in delivering quality solutions across verticals that meet the challenging requirements of our esteemed customers. Our integrated solutions offering is aimed at creating value for our customers, helping them in improving their business processes with minimum hassles and capital outlays.