Living Optics is an Oxford University start-up building the next generation of hyperspectral cameras. We are creating a leap forward in our capacity to easily detect what is invisible to the naked eye. Using a combination of patented optical methods, machine learning, and modern applied mathematics, we are radically miniaturizing hyperspectral photography, bringing down costs while improving performance.
We're looking for a Senior Applications Engineer to address application questions surrounding our product development roadmap. The Engineer will define product decisions and will work closely with customers to understand technical needs and will find ways to deliver transformative solutions.
As an early member of the team, this candidate will be ready to excel and will be given the opportunity to be a prominent contributor to the direction and future of the company.
- Drive the company's understanding of customer requirements and needs
- Contributing in the definition of product roadmaps, with a key role in acting as the 'voice of customer' for the company
- Developing, planning, and conducting field trials and product demonstrations
- Skilled in the black art of developing captivating demos
- Supporting and leading grant writing activities
Who you are:
- Three years of technical experience in the photonics industry or in roles which provided exposure to products based around imaging and spectroscopy
- Two years of experience in a business development or technical sales role
- Experience in implementing new technologies for customers and interfacing with technical teams to deliver projects on schedule
- Technical knowledge of hyperspectral imaging, spectroscopy, and or computer vision techniques
- Excellent listening and communication skills. An ability to discover the unwritten and or unsaid pain points of customers
Note: Modern job titles are increasingly opaque. We're looking for people who may be called Technical Sales Engineers, Applications Engineers, Product Owners, Product Support Engineers, Product Managers and more. Relevant experience and passion for application discovery are most critical for this role.
Culture is in important to us at Living Optics, we are searching for the best people, who not only excel at their role but who also exemplify our company values:People First:
Curiosity with Purpose:
- At Living Optics our people are the centre of our business and drive all of our decision making.
- We listen to the needs of our people, partners and customers and ensure we understand what they need to achieve.
- We continue to explore the ethical impact of the business.
- The foundation of putting people first is trust. We build successful relationships by doing what we say we will.
- We are passionate about what we do and are committed to achieving our company goals.
- We focus on meeting our deadlines, but also set aside time to have fun, experiment and explore new technology.
- We maintain open lines of communication within the team and hold each other accountable.
- We share our knowledge across the team and are always looking to find new solutions.
- We are ready to challenge what is deemed impossible by exploring new ideas and technology.
- We embrace different perspectives and are always willing to question the accepted viewpoint.
- We challenge each other and always strive for better and more innovative solutions.