Corporate culture and guiding principles:
TP ICAP operates at the heart of the world's financial, energy and commodities markets.
We are professional intermediaries playing a pivotal role in the world's financial markets, covering FX, Rates, Credit, Equities, Energy & Commodities.
Globally, we are a leading provider of services to market participants, with execution via a range of regulated venues, covering a full spectrum of over-the-counter (OTC) asset classes. Matching buyers and sellers, we facilitate the development of liquidity and price discovery in these markets and provide insight and context to our clients. We operate a hybrid model where brokers provide business-critical intelligence to clients. It's supplemented by proprietary screens for historical data, analytics and execution functionality.
Our clients include banks, insurance companies, pension and hedge funds, asset managers, energy producers and refiners, as well as risk and compliance managers and charities.
We are known in the market for our Honesty, Integrity and Excellence in the provision of service to our clients. Above all else, we Respect our clients and each other, without bias. Employees are expected to uphold the values and principles of our cultural framework in performance of their job duties.
As a Senior Software Engineer at TP ICAP you will:
· Be part of a talented team delivering business critical software for the internal broking division and their external customer base.
· Work within an Agile environment, from design through to implementation, with a strong focus on Continuous Improvement.
· Work collaboratively as part of self-organising, cross-functional team.
· Focus on Continuous Integration and Deployment.
· Promote delivery of quality software - unit tests, code reviews etc.
· Experiment with multiple technologies and methodologies as part of delivery, to help guarantee the best solution and approach.
· Work closely with the Architect/Principal to build solutions that align to the IT strategy/vision.
· Provide support and mentoring to other members of the team.
· Work in partnership with QA counterpart to ensure the delivery of quality software.
· Deliver against both Functional and Non-functional requirements.
· Take Ownership/Accountability for development of key features and drive to completion.
· Communicate effectively on progress and ensure impediments are raised early to minimise impact on the delivery.
Ensure that you understand the risks and controls on your department; what could go wrong, what controls you have to prevent/detect or contain these.
All staff have defined risk management responsibilities. The Group imposes additional responsibilities on line-managers and senior managers. It is critical that all staff discharge their risk management responsibilities when undertaking their role. Specific responsibilities are incorporated into employee objectives, and your performance against these objectives will be assessed as part of the firm's performance management process. You will also be required to confirm that you have discharged your risk management responsibilities through the annual risk management attestation process.
· Competent developer, with experience in Java
· Broad knowledge of financial markets, financial systems and over the counter (OTC) products
· Degree or equivalent industry experience
· Experience of application testing, demonstrating the software meets the requirements
· Experience with either Continuous Build & Integration, Continuous Deployment or DevOps
· Financial sector experience, especially in swaps, derivatives or futures
· Middleware experience on JMS based systems i.e. Tibco EMS, RabbitMQ, Reuters, IBM Websphere Message Broker
· Competent database developer (Stored Procedure development) SQL Server 2008 / 2012 / 2014
· Experience working with XML and XSD technologies
· Experience of enterprise software development
· Experience of web development
· Experience with TDD, BDD or similar approaches to specifying requirements and design.
· Open to innovative ideas/ experiences and ability to create new ideas, approaches or insights
· Seeks opportunities for improvements
· Handles situations and problems with innovation and creativity
Dynamic & Competitive
· Demonstrates high levels of energy in seeking out and achieving new goals
· Goes that "extra mile"
· Is a self-starter
· Shows evidence of being comfortable working in fast paced or pressured environments
· Enjoys a challenge and is able to escalate
· Does not give up easily
Open & Communicative
· Adapts communication style to suit audience
· Projects personal credibility
· Interacts confidently without being overbearing
· Ability to work effectively in a high pressure environment
· Keeps emotions under control in difficult situations
· Handles criticism constructively
· Able to demonstrate honesty, integrity and professionalism
· Promotes loyalty to TP ICAP and its principles
· Works ethically and shows respect for both professional and company values
· Excellent attention to detail, highly organised with a proactive approach
· Strong analytical ability and problem solving skills