Courier is looking for an experienced, creative, detail-oriented and disciplined Senior Director-Operations responsible for all financial, legal, regulatory elements of Courier's global business alongside specific operational responsibilities focusing on the rollout of new products and initiatives in the Asia Pacific and North American markets.
The successful candidate will be based in London. We offer a competitive salary for this role.
What you'll do:
• Oversight of budget process to secure parent company funding on an annual basis
• Regular reporting back to parent tracking financial performance over the year
• Establishment of processes to better integrate our accountancy, payables and receivables processes with our parent.
• Establishment and oversight of analytical function in the business to better understand existing financial and data trends and to financially model future projects. This will include the creation and population of a data dashboard that gives a high-level picture of the customer facing activities of the business.
Legal and Regulatory Responsibilities
• Primary interface with key legal and regulatory functions in our parent and with retained partners covering but not limited to GDPR compliance, contracts and agreements, data privacy and customer terms and conditions.
• Oversight of procurement and deal negotiation processes and contract creation.
• Responsible for working with the CEO and Products Director to model and plan for the rollout of new product and territory initiatives, culminating in a formal business proposal that can be submitted to the CEO and parent (where appropriate) for approval.
• Ownership of annual operational plan and parent approval process
• Driver of key stretch initiatives involving North America and Asia/Pac territories.
Ad hoc Responsibilities
• Participation in the senior management team with a particular focus on bringing data centricity to the core of the management culture.
• Brokering high level partnership opportunities in Asia/Pac
What you'll bring:
• Ability to thrive a fast-paced, deadline-driven, growing media company
• Innate understanding and passion for Courier's editorial focus on modern business
• Superb planning, coordination and organisational skills
• A self-starting personality and a strong work ethic
• Outstanding communication and people skills
• Ability to keep calm and make decisions under pressure
• A degree in Finance
• Proven experience financial budgeting & forecasting
• Proven experience with the development and delivery of commercial business models
• Proven experience with the delivery of business operational processes
Send your CV along with a letter explaining why you're the right person for the role - and any other materials you think support your case - to email@example.com . Please include the words 'Senior Director-Operations' in the subject line. Submissions accepted 26 August 2020 through 24 September 2020.