Our client is a growing, fast paced, and very successful global commodity trading company based in Central London.
The Operations team manages the reconciliation, confirmation and settlement of commodity products within the organisation. Working with the Logistics team and traders, Operations ensure that risk is captured accurately, and the full lifecycle of the trade is supported effectively.
As the business continues to expand and grow, we are looking for a Settlements Associate/VP to join and lead the small Operations team. This role will complement the responsibilities of the other team members and work as part of the team to achieve all the Operation Group's objectives.JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Trade Settlement and Invoicing process for Coal, Met Coal, Freight and Derivatives
- Liaising with Trading/Logistics team to resolve queries and discrepancies
- Monitoring and updating settlements systems and daily reporting
- Ongoing management of Financing transactions
- Releasing cash balances
- Oversight of two settlements analysts
- Documenting processes and procedures
- Ideal candidate will have 5+ years' experience ideally in operations and commodities.
- Graduate with a minimum Upper Second-Class Honours in a related subject degree (e.g. Business, Mathematics or Accounting)
- Bulk Settlements experience preferred (would consider other commodities and/or asset classes if appropriate)
- Supervisory experience not essential, but small team experience would be good
- A strong proactive work ethic with a desire to drive tasks to completion is also required
- Willing to be "hands on" and not be afraid to getting your "hands dirty"
- Possess strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate globally at all levels
- Able work both in a team and remotely on their own, be organised and efficient
- A strong interest in technology and technology based solutions is also important
- Strong excel skills