Wipro Limited (NYSE: WIT, BSE: 507685, NSE: WIPRO) is a leading global information technology, consulting and business process services company. We harness the power of cognitive computing, hyper-automation, robotics, cloud, analytics and emerging technologies to help our clients adapt to the digital world and make them successful. A company recognized globally for its comprehensive portfolio of services, strong commitment to sustainability and good corporate citizenship we have over 160,000 dedicated employees serving clients across six continents. Together we discover ideas and connect the dots to build a better and a bold new future.Role:Power Dispatch Optimisation DeveloperDescription:
The Developer will work with a global team responsible to design, develop and implement Power Scheduling Dispatch, Network Modelling & Analysis and other Smart Grid solutions to fulfil requirements of Transmission & Distribution Network operators and whole system operators.Responsibilities
Desired Skills and Experience
- Develop Power Scheduling & Dispatch solution for Transmission & Distribution Network operators, Generators, and whole system operators globally.
- Work in a large complex agile customer projects to implement new or enhance existing power dispatch systems for Electricity Network and Grid Operators.
- Work with Business SMEs, business analyst, and solution architects on day-to-day basis.
- Understand the technical requirements on economic power dispatch and develop to-be solution using Gurobi/Cplex/ and programming technologies such as Python, C++, Java etc.
- Deploy the code into various environments
- Conduct code reviews and suggest improvements
- Support SIT and UAT
- Support cutover , go-live activities
- Experience in Optimisation solutions (Operational Research) for resource scheduling, dispatch and various commercial and technical problem-solving requirements.
- Expertise in Linear Programming, Mixed Integer Programming, non-linear programming, algebraic modelling language (AMPL).
- Expertise in Mathematical modelling and algorithms development for optimisation. Fine tuning of the algorithms to produce the results within acceptable time lines and accuracy using various relaxation techniques and parameter variations.
- Expertise in understand various constraints and modelling of the constraints for Optimisation problem solutions.
- Experience in using problem solvers such as CPLEX, Xpress, Gurobi, etc.
- Hands on experience in Python, C, C++, Java programming and its application for complex problem solving, optimisation, data processing, prediction, forecasting etc.
- Experience in implementation of optimisation solutions for utilities is plus.
- Experience in interface/integration development with other systems running in different operating systems (using web service, remote procedure calls, APIs, database links etc.)
- Expertise in data processing for prediction, forecasting, transformation is plus.
- Strong knowledge in operational research and optimisation
- Experience working in Agile software development environment with multi vendors
- Excellent communication, problem solving and interpersonal skills.