Partner with senior business users to provide end-to-end operational and strategic IT support in a rapidly evolving Investment environment. This is a standalone role which will provide both 1st to 4th line
support to the fund, as well as desk-side support. You will also be responsible for strategic infrastructure solutions for the firm. This role will provide technical leadership and decision making to infrastructure and its development. The role is responsible for the design, installation, tracking, maintenance and retirement of all IT systems.
- Point of contact for user's technology queries and support, ensuring user requests are resolved quickly and appropriately.
- Act as the "go-to" person for new starters across the London office with regards to any technical issues and liaise with our 3rd party technology support
- Responsible for ordering hardware and tech and building PCs/resolving hardware issues
- Provide technical and managerial expertise for the administration of IT tools
- Responsible for researching, planning, designing and implementing new or updated IT hardware and software.
- Source and manage the group's technology infrastructure to include mobile phones, laptops, managing inventory, organising and updating insurances.
- Drive continuous improvement by implementing, supporting and managing all systems
- Provide strategic support to assist in the Group's business growth plan
- Responsible for creating and maintaining IT policies for the firm such as IT Security
- Monitor and report on compliance with security policies
- Design and contribute to the development of process documentation
- Manage technical projects from initial briefing through to delivery
- Work with third party suppliers, creating new contracts, preparing service review contracts and managing all service provider relationships. Assist with server moves and backups, Basic network administration
- Design and deliver end-user training as needed
- Ability to work in a stand-alone position and work across all lines of IT support as well as the capability to manage other areas of IT infrastructure, such as managing external providers
- Experience managing and implementing IT services
- Strong IT support, project management, system & infrastructure design, installation and networking capabilities
- Knowledge and experience of maintaining current IT hardware, desktops, laptops and associated peripherals.
- Understanding of network administration and building hardware
- Minimum 3 to 5 years' experience in a similar role, working across a geographically dispersed organisation and across different time zones.
- Demonstrate a good knowledge of IT industry trends, suppliers and products
- Excellent communication skills at all levels. Strong analytical, planning and coordinating capabilities. Organised and methodical in your approach
- Genuine desire to join a small organization with substantial growth ambitions
- Finance experience and exposure to working closely with senior investment professionals are highly desirable.
- Tech stack: Windows, Linux, AWS, OpenVPN, Office365, Sage, and Bamboo.