Control Risks is a specialist risk consultancy that helps to create secure, compliant and resilient organisations in an age of ever-changing risk. Working across disciplines, technologies and geographies, everything we do is based on our belief that taking risks is essential to our clients' success.
This is a rare opportunity to join a dynamic operational team covering some of Control Risks' most exciting issues. Special Risks Analysis (SRA) supports Control Risks' Confidential Crisis Response operations, advising clients when they encounter real life situations of kidnapping-for-ransom, threat extortion and other crises.
The successful candidate will represent Control Risks as a global kidnapping trends analyst and will be able to discuss strategic and local trends in detail. They will use their specialist academic or professional experience relevant to security issues to inform their analysis.
The Senior Analyst will form part of the Special Risks Analysis leadership team with responsibility for mentoring and coaching the analysts to develop their technical capabilities and subject-matter expertise. Principal responsibilities will also include ensuring coherence between analytical products and operational needs, commercial responsibility for generating, scoping, and delivering complex global consultancy, as well as scoping Response-only projects. The Senior Analyst will deputise for the Associate Director during periods of absence. Day-to-day responsibilities will include ensuring team output targets are met (CORE, Hiscox products and marketing) and quality reviewing analysis to ensure high analytical standards.Tasks and ResponsibilitiesLeadership
- Contribute to the strategic development and smooth running of SRA as part of the Special Risks Analysis leadership team.
- Mentor members of the analytical team, helping them to develop their technical capabilities as analysts and their subject-matter expertise.
- Manage the day-to-day running of the analytical team, including providing oversight and feedback on analytical outputs.
- Maintain an expert level of subject-specific knowledge about kidnapping and extortion trends globally in order to confidently represent Control Risks to clients.
- Assist with maintaining Control Risks' unique database of kidnap-for-ransom incidents in a timely manner to uphold the integrity of our data.
- Demonstrate Control Risks' leadership in the field of kidnap analysis by tackling the topic in innovative ways and adopting new approaches to analysis.
Online Platforms and Retainer Services
- Project manage complex operational cases that require analysis from multiple departments across the Control Risks network of offices.
- Provide holiday cover or surge capacity for regional analysts in support of our operational responsibilities, e.g. provide deployment packs for consultants when Control Risks is notified of a new kidnap or extortion case affecting our clients. This will include occasional need to work out of hours.
- Project manage the team's online output to ensure regular, high quality contributions.
- Ensure that all high-profile incidents are covered in a timely manner for our clients, including writing online content when required.
- Quality review content drafted by regional analysts for our online platform.
- Manage the team's Analyst Access queries, including generating ideas that invite clients to ask questions about kidnapping and extortion.
Business Development and Marketing
- Deliver complex consultancy pieces and project manage multi-jurisdictional reports to ensure a high level of quality, consistency and timeliness. This will include liaison with other teams across the breadth of Control Risks services.
- Assist the Associate Director and other Control Risks departments and offices to propose and deliver tailored solutions for clients.
- Quality review short pieces of consulting.
Knowledge and ExperienceEssential
- Build effective relationships with analyst teams throughout Control Risks.
- Help to grow SRA's consulting business by delivering on team strategy.
- Contribute to the development of new and compelling client deliverables to generate new business opportunities.
- Support our insurance partners with business development opportunities, including organising and providing relevant reports, presentations or briefings.
- Project manage and contribute analysis to SRA's podcast and thought leadership program.
- Contribute to company-wide promotional publications, press releases and business development initiatives as necessary.
- Respond to print media queries in line with SRA's media strategy, as appropriate.
- Significant, recent experience in an analytical role.
- Experience of delivering security analysis for multiple regions (Africa, Middle East, Asia or Latin America).
- Experience of quality reviewing the written work of colleagues.
- Proven track record of delivering against business development targets or demonstrable commercial experience.
Qualifications and Specialist Skills Essential
- Knowledge of thematic issues such as organised crime or terrorism.
- Previous experience of providing analysis in a commercial context.
- Native-level standard of fluency in written and verbal English.
- Fluent in Spanish.
- Ability to work at pace in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional project management skills.
- Experience of analysing large data sets.
- Excellent time management, organisation and prioritisation skills.
- Strong verbal presentation skills.
- Experience of using innovative presentation formats and graphics.
- Ability to write clearly, concisely and authoritatively.
- A relevant degree, or proven experience in an equivalent field.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products, especially Excel.
- Highly proficient at reading in a relevant foreign language (French, German, Arabic or Mandarin preferred).