Contract role - Front End Developer
Day Rate Negotiable
Remote Interviews/Onboarding - but ideally local to Manchester
About The Hut Group
THG is one of the fastest growing online retailers on the planet. We have over a decade of building and growing brands in the Beauty and Wellness sectors, across over 140 markets. We specialise in creating brilliant digital brand experiences and we aim to be the World's leading Online Health & Beauty Destination. We are currently the UK's leading multi-website online retailer with rapidly growing global operations and we currently have over 16 million customers worldwide.
We are building a world-class business with global ambitions, a proprietary technology platform, and disruptive business model.
About the Technology @ THG
Our software is the core of our business and enables the company to continue to grow and thrive. The Group's industry leading and proprietary technology platform powers its own consumer sites plus global media partners and brand owners, including: Unilever, Nintendo and the Daily Mail Group. We develop all of our own applications in-house with our Development Delivery Teams. In order to enable our Delivery Teams to continue to achieve, we are always looking for bright and intellectual people who are happy to push boundaries and really challenge the status quo.
Led by world-class technologists with a diverse range of backgrounds ranging from Silicon Valley tech giants (Google, Amazon) through to Hedge funds and Algorithmic Trading Firms. You will be surrounded by highly intellectual and passionate colleagues, all with the common goal to help us grow this business globally, fast. Our current 200 developers are currently looking at how we can further develop our platform to continue the success' that we have had!
We are currently recruiting for Front End Engineers to work on our enterprise level in house eCommerce platform, working with all tech functions including Software Engineers and UX Designers to translate our business and customer needs into attractive digital experiences.
Key skills/ experience
• Strong experience working in a Front End role using React.
• Experience and good understanding of JS, CSS3 and HTML5.
○ Understanding of pre-processed CSS platforms such as Sass or Less.
• Understanding of browser and device testing and debugging.
• Knowledge of SCRUM practices and Agile methodologies.
• Ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment.
• Responsible for the delivery of new user-facing features.
• Contribute to the delivery of projects within your team.
• Assist and provide advice to less experienced members of staff in day to day tasks.
• Maintain high standards in all areas of individual output. Able to contribute to forming standards and conventions.
• Communicate effectively with stakeholders. Able to articulate understandable responses to non-technical members of the business.