We are TravelPerk: a fast-growing, well-funded startup that has raised nearly $134m since our creation in early 2015. Backed by world-class investors from some of tech's most disruptive companies, including Slack, Trello, Twitter, Farfetch, Deliveroo and Delivery Hero, our team is made up of A-players from across the travel industry.
Over the past few years, we've been named the fastest-growing SaaS startup in the world by SaaS1000 and featured as one of the hottest startups to watch by both Forbes and Wired. We're revolutionizing the B2B corporate travel market-worth over $1.3 trillion-by simplifying the process for everyone involved.
In spite of the ongoing global pandemic, we're continuously growing and adapting to the situation. We're turning lemons into lemonade-because we're innovators. We've even developed TravelCare, our very own travel risk management tool, to ensure business travelers are safe and sound before, during, and after their trips. Our team continues to emerge stronger and stronger as we adjust to the new normal-and that's where you come in!
We are currently looking for a UK Legal Counsel who specialises in E-commerce, IT Law and Data Protection to start with us in January 2021! As a key business partner, the Legal Counsel will assist TravelPerk in reaching its business goals by providing legal advice and minimizing legal risks. The function involves both breadth (interaction with many departments) and depth (technical legal knowledge). This position can be based in the UK or Spain and would require one day per week in the London or Barcelona office.What You'll Do
What You'll Need
- Provide legal advice to the Product and Operations teams in their day-to-day needs and strategic project planning
- Provide specific advice based on UK Law (Data protection, E-commerce, General Commercial Law) and actively participate in complex negotiations with UK customers
- Proactively follow up and inform about new UK Laws and related obligations
- Draft and review commercial agreements with Operations & Travel suppliers (GDS, airlines, hotels, cars suppliers, payments suppliers etc.) and others (Software, SaaS etc.)
- Identify Legal risks on company projects and evaluate potential consequences
- Implement internal processes and participate in various projects (Corporate, PoA, Legal awareness etc.)
- Handle legal claims as they arise
- Analyse documentation prepared by external lawyers and act as a "bridge" between external partners and Business
- Support on GDPR general matters (agreements, policies etc.)
- Manage administrative tasks: physical and electronic documentation
What we are also looking for but its not essential
- This position requires a UK qualified lawyer
- Strong written and analytical skills
- Native level of English
- Full ability to draft agreements in the English language
- 2 - 4 years experience in Data protection and E-commerce
- Hands on; used to participating in projects where several jurisdictions are involved
- Ability to balance Legal risks with Business needs and to provide practical & pragmatic advice
On top of that, you will only be the right candidate if you are:
- Experience as a lawyer in the online travel sector (ideally TMC)
- Previous experience in a leading law firm
- Expertise on competition law & antitrust
What do we offer?
- Empathetic: someone who can identify with the customer and genuinely wants to support them using an optimal problem-solving methodology
- Honest, open and trustworthy: your peers and managers can trust you. You are a team player, don't play political games, and care more about the team's success than about your own career gains
- Focused and determined: You don't let yourself be distracted. You can focus on accomplishing big wins and never get lost in less important ideas that are floating around
- You seek feedback early and often and are open to both give and take constructive and direct criticism
Flexible Work Policy
- Competitive compensation including equity in the company.
- Vacation days: 24 in Spain, 25 in the UK or Germany.
- Flexibility to work from home most of the time.
- Health perks, these vary depending on your location (private healthcare in Spain & UK, statutory in Germany).
- "Flexible compensation plan" to help you diversify and increase the net salary.
- Perks such as language lessons, yoga and office food have been put on hold during Covid-19 and will be reviewed.
- Until local governments and health professionals say it is safe to work from an office, TravelPerk will offer you 100% remote working from the country you are employed in.
- Once it is safe, you will need to be based in Spain, Germany or the UK for this position.
- You can be based anywhere in the country you are employed from but we will require you to travel to the office hub in either London, Barcelona or Berlin once per week.
- In addition, every quarter you will be required to travel to an office hub location for up to 5 days to meet with your whole team and the rest of the company for an event.
- We have core working hours between 10:30-16:30 CET.
- Team members that want to go to the office more than once per week are welcome to!
We can help with relocation from anywhere in the world, English is the official language at the office. Please submit your resume in English if you choose to apply.
TravelPerk is a global company with a diverse customer base-and we want to make sure the people behind our product reflect that. We're an equal opportunity employer, which means you're welcome at TravelPerk regardless of how you look, where you're from, or anything else that makes you, well, you.