Thanks for checking out our job opening; we are excited that YOU are interested in learning more about NCC Group.
We are on a mission to make society a safer and more secure place. Our people are the ones who make that mission possible; a global community of talented individuals working together towards a safer future. We aim to create an environment where everyone can reach their full potential. We work together, we are brilliantly creative, we embrace difference and we want you to help us in our mission, as a Software Consultant.The challenge
The role of a Software Verification Consultant is diverse and challenging with the primary responsibility being to carry out our Verification services in conjunction with an Independent Software Vendor (ISV). These Verification services provide assurance to our customers that the source code we store for their critical software, and crucially the necessary information required to rebuild it, is deposited successfully in escrow. Due to the nature of the role, travel may be required, occasionally at short noticeResponsibilities
The key responsibilities of the Software Consultant role are:
- Work with ISVs, both remotely and on-site, to perform our Verification services on behalf of our Clients.
- Perform audits of the rebuild process required to recreate the software or system being placed into escrow.
- Ensure the safe and secure handling of escrow deposits in line with departmental policies and procedures.
- Ensure the software/system under verification is audited in line with the requirements of the specific service-line being performed.
- Where obstacles are encountered during the verification process, liaise with the ISV, Licensee and NCC Group colleagues (where applicable) to address these to the point of successful conclusion.
- Liaise with the Verification Delivery and Scheduling Management Team with regards to all aspects of the planning, execution and documentation relating to Verification exercises.
- Support the Account Management Team to help to develop the relationship with both Clients and ISVs.
- Produce Verification Test Reports, which document the steps taken in a given Verification exercise, in line with the standards in place within the Escrow division.
- Liaise with the Escrow Legal Team on any applicable matters, such as GDPR.
- Feedback to Escrow Product Team with regards to any service enhancements or recommended changes.
- Participate in, and provide input to, the training required to fulfil the role in a continually developing technically landscape.
What we can offer you
- Experience of modern software development methodologies, languages and associated tools.
- Knowledge and experience of working with common, modern operating systems.
- An understanding of virtualisation/containers.
- Educated to A-Level/Degree level in an IT, computing or relevant discipline.
- Microsoft Azure/AWS administration skills. Any formal qualifications in these areas are highly desirable.
- An understanding and awareness of alternative public-cloud providers, such as Google Cloud.
- Application development experience and skills.
- Any experience of providing pre-sales technical support to assist in the sales cycle.
- Knowledge of Static Application Security Testing (SAST) and associated tools.
- A high-level of accuracy and attention to detail, in relation to any of the key role responsibilities.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once, whilst ensuring that expected standards are met.
- Able to present information confidently to both technical and non-technical audiences of all levels of seniority
- Able to work effectively on your own, but also as part of a team.
- Able to assess various priorities and establish the logical order tasks should be carried out in.
- Able to quickly adapt to new business situations, including changes in technologies or processes.
- As a client facing consultant, able to represent and promote NCC Group and its core values
- 25 days annual leave with paid bank holidays
- Flexible & remote working options
- A competitive salary and benefits package
- Unrivalled career progression
- Outstanding office facilities
- Sharesaver options
- Free fresh fruit daily (when working in an NCC Group office)
- Enhanced maternity / paternity leave
- Numerous training and development options
About your application
We review every application received and will get in touch if your skills and experience match what we're looking for. If you don't hear back from us within 10 days please don't be too disappointed - we may keep your CV on our database for any future vacancies and we would encourage you to keep an eye on our career opportunities as there may be other suitable roles.