Lead / Snr Data Engineer role with a leading a leading UK pension fund.
Leading our clients Data Engineering Team, this person will play a central role in defining the businesses data strategy, enhancing existing data infrastructure / frameworks and engineering a range of new data solutions and services, as well as spearheading the organisations journey towards automated testing and deployment. We're looking for someone who has experience with software engineering (Java / Python), data engineering, BI development, data warehousing, test automation, CI and reporting tools.
• Data Engineering expertise & a strong background in SQL
• Extensive Software Engineering experience with Java or Python
• Data warehousing know-how (with MS SQL or similar RDBMS)
• Demonstrable test automation experience
• Exposure to BI development & BI reporting tools (e.g. Power BI, Tableau)
• Experience building robust CI pipelines
• Deliver a wide range of data enhancements and solutions across the business
• Hands on leadership of the Data Engineering team
• Lead the support and maintenance of the firms data infrastructure / architecture
• Best practice led design and delivery of data solutions
• Identify and deliver process improvements / enhancements
• Spearhead the firms journey towards automated testing and deployment
Full-time role based in the City of London. Base Salary: £85,000 to £95,000 + Bonus (typically 15-20% base salary)
Prior Financial Services Experience NOT Required