Chief Engineer Carlisle - Cumbria Excellent Salary + Benefits + Prospects About Us:
When you join 2 Sisters, you will become part of one of the UK's largest food manufacturers, with an annual turnover of £2.5billion+, over 17,000 people and covering more than 20 sites.
This role sits within our Meals division, where we live by our mantra of 'Making Every Meal Moment Special'. We have 4 sites creating over 500 different products to feed our nation...we love our food and we love our people.
Our Carlisle site has up to 1500 employees, spanning over 3 Factories across 2 sites. The site produces around 90 million meals annually with 150 products made daily over a 7 day operation along with a turnover of £160 million. Role Overview:
As the Chief Engineer you will lead the engineering function and drive preventative maintenance, operational engineering projects and services. You will be required to Improve performance of equipment, lead investment/improvement initiatives, raise operating standards and ensure manufacturing equipment and service infrastructures are maintained. You will determine the correct engineering strategy for the site, improve key engineering KPI's (downtime, productivity, expenditure) and ensure the business is embracing and extending the use of the latest maintenance techniques, technologies and data management tools to optimise performance. You also will be required to determine the ongoing programme of engineering and effectively manage project resources. You will oversee and develop the Planned Preventative Maintenance Programme in place and ensure appropriate standards of Health and Safety exist including the tracking and improvement of RA's and SSOW which effectively cover all our procedures. You will also have the autonomy and support in developing your team through identifying skills, closing knowledge gaps and developing capability. About you:
- Chartered Engineering status/ or degree
- Proven experience of driving Engineering performance and change management
- High volume manufacturing experience; FMCG
- Experience of budgetary controls
- Experience of engineering services
- Experience in process design/development in food industry
- Experience of leading engineering function
- Experience of managing and developing a team
- Able to drive change
- Able to challenge and problem solve
- Results orientated
- Very strong influencing and communicating at all levels (internally and externally)
- 'can-do' attitude, proactive approach
- Focused on safety, results and continuous improvement
We want to make YOU the future of our business.