The RoleTreasury Dealer's Assistant/ Execution Trader
FJR Finance is currently representing a London based Bank to hire a permanent Treasury Dealer's/ Desk Assistant. Even through COVID-19, this exciting opportunity has arisen role through growth and is a newly created role.
The role reports to the Funding Dealer and working within the Funding division of the Treasury department. Our client is looking for someone with a minimum of 2- year's experience in a similar role, as a Treasury Dealer's Assistant, or Execution Trading capacity ideally having worked with Treasury related products such as MM, Cash, FX etc. Having The CISI (Chartered Institute for Securities and Investments) qualification is also mandatory as you will be required to execute trades onto the market.
Others mandatory requirements are regulations for compliance purposes (FCA's, BOE's and all other relevant regulations and guidance notes such as 'Market Conduct', 'UK Money Market Code').
Experience is desirable for Treasury - if you have had experience in other areas of Banking but have knowledge of money markets then that's good.
The company do not trade Derivatives so this is not needed but if you do have any working knowledge of this, (trading, or assisting a trader) this could also be useful.
Normal working hours are between 9 am to 5 pm, with two early hours working shifts between 8 am - 4 pm and between 7 am - 3 pm.JOB PURPOSE:
To monitor and manage the cash flow relating to the activities of the Branch.
To help and assist activities of the Funding Department under the guidance and supervision of the Dealer (Manager).
- KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:To ensure the Bank maintains a presence in the market and maintain its status under all appropriate regulations.
- To trade in honourable and professional manners, in accordance with FCA's, BOE's and all other relevant regulations and guidance notes such as 'Market Conduct', 'UK Money Market Code'.
- Under the supervision of the Funding Dealer (Manager), to execute transactions, where applicable, within the credit limits approved by Head Office and the settlement guidelines approved by GM of the Global Markets.
- Under the supervision of the Funding Dealer (Manager), to trade products within the limits and conditions set by GM of the Global Markets.
- Under the supervision of the Funding Dealer (Manager), to manage liquidity.
- Under the supervision of the Funding Dealer (Manager), to quote prices for other departments and customers.
- To cooperate with other departments, branches and Head Office on various matters which affect the activities of Funding Department.
- Under the supervision of the Dealer (Manager), to deal with the various matters related to the operation of Funding Department based on 'section T1, T3 and T7 of Branch Procedure Manual'.
- To handle any assignments or duties requested by GM of Global Markets.
Circa £40 k pa - £48 k pa, plus bonus, pension, healthcare etc.