We currently have a vacancy for a Head of Project Improvement on our HS2 Main Works Contract
To drive a step-change in the understanding and prioritisation of behaviours, processes and activities that improve the efficiency of teams, quality of outputs and wellbeing of stakeholders engaged with the project (stakeholders being clients, shareholders, supply chain partners and employees, plus others).
- Head of Service responsible for all activities and teams relating to Continuous Improvement (Lean), Innovation, Knowledge Management
- Set and implement strategic direction / objectives / targets for Project Improvement ensuring alignment to HS2 Vison and SCS Strategic goals
- Support Leadership and business performance, using data to make fact-based interventions and improve quality and efficiency
- Lead the Project Improvement team, championing and growing their value add across the Project.
- Managing and developing Team based in multiple locations.
- Develop and champion a project wide culture of Continuous Improvement, Innovation, Knowledge Transfer to empower and engage project teams.
- Oversee change and transformation initiatives in the short, medium and long term, leading others along the journey.
- Work with Senior Leaders to implement efficiency and improvement strategies, embed best practice and strategic thinking whilst working with stakeholders to ensure innovation that supports future delivery.
- Understand the "voice of the customer" to drive the performance of the team and wider project across Operational and Service delivery.
- Sponsor innovation at a senior level including project funding, R&D and development of the innovation projects and campaigns portfolio.
- Responsible for representing and promoting team and project successes to enhance SCS and HS2 reputation and legacy across parent companies, HS2 route and across industry
- Act as a connector building relationships and networking across parent companies (UK and globally) and other HS2 MWCC.
- Act as role model, upholding the values and behaviours of SCS and HS2
- Drive key initiatives and identify legacy leaving opportunities to turn HS2 into an industry leading project
- Maintain close working relationship with Collaboration and Communications to form the 'corporate glue' to drive high performance
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· Experience within the construction and infrastructure sector.
· Strong knowledge of improvement methodologies such as Lean Six Sigma, Agile and behavioural management
· Experience of owning and directing a large portfolio of innovation and improvement projects across a broad range of technical and commercial areas in a complex safety critical programme
· Negotiation and management of Intellectual Property Resources in complex stakeholder environments
· Experience delivering knowledge management initiatives / programmes
· Experience managing change and transformation projects in a senior capacity
· Experience building and leading multi-disciplined teams, across multiple locations
· Effective communicator and facilitator, ability to build strong networks and influence at a senior level
· Experience in coaching and training others in skills and specialisms related to function
· Comfortable taking on a "disrupter" role, challenging norms and driving change that benefits project
· Strong written and analytical skills to assess information, understand trends and instruct action based of data
· Able to work in an agile manner, fast paced and able to identify and resolve blockers effectively