MediaTek is a leading global fabless semiconductor company for wireless communications and digital multimedia products. The company is a market leader in complete solutions for mobile phones. Due to our continuing success and growth in the cellular chipset market, we have some exciting new opportunities in MediaTek's UK RF IC Design Centre in Kent. We are looking to recruit proven RF design talent, capable of delivering leading-edge products with demanding time to market requirements.
The dedicated and high-performing RF group in Kent is part of an accomplished and successful global team, working on advanced multi-mode cellular radios using state of the art CMOS technology. We are seeking a Senior Staff/ Principal RF IC Design Engineer to join our highly experienced RF design team, with an outstanding track record of delivering innovative RF products.
As the successful Senior Staff/ Principal RF IC Design Engineer, your responsibilities will span the specification, architecture and design of next generation multi-standard cellular transceivers in advanced CMOS technologies.
Your core focus will be on delivering highly competitive cellular RF products, with leading-edge performance, using innovative architectures and circuit implementations.
Our UK RF Design Centre is located in Maidstone, Kent (just outside London in the beautiful Kentish countryside). This location offers an excellent choice of living environments, from traditional rural villages and local towns such as Tunbridge Wells, to South London suburbs such as Bromley or Blackheath. Our local surrounding area has a good choice of excellent primary and secondary schools. The design centre is conveniently located within one hour of four main London airports, and just half an hour from Eurostar and Eurotunnel terminals.
As a well-experienced RF Engineer, the successful Senior Staff/ Principal RF IC Design Engineer will be passionate about designing high-performance RF circuits. With an excellent understanding of state-of-the-art RF CMOS circuit design and cellular transceiver architectures, you will also have a very good grasp of the integration challenges of complex RF systems-on-a-chip (SoCs).
In addition, you will also have a good working knowledge of RF IC layout optimization in advanced CMOS technologies. As a Senior Staff/ Principal RF IC Design Engineer at MediaTek, you will be able to work closely and effectively with RF System and Application Engineers to define the specification.
A strong team player, the successful Senior Staff/ Principal RF IC Design Engineer will be capable of operating both as an individual contributor and a respected team leader. This role offers a fantastic opportunity to participate in multi-site developments across different time zones and cultures, requiring excellent written and verbal communication skills.
The successful Senior Staff/ Principal RF IC Design Engineer will be:
- An innovative thinker with a passion for challenging technical problem solving
- Highly motivated: able to work independently and see projects through to completion.
- A team player: able to work with others to complete challenging projects together
- A good communicator: able to communicate effectively using a range of tools (Email, IM, VC etc.)
- Able and willing to travel if required
Ideally, you will have an MSc. or PhD (or equivalent) in a related field, as well as significant, relevant industrial experience. In addition, you will have a proven track record of significant contributions to successful commercial cellular or Wi-Fi transceivers and your ability to innovate will be reflected through publications and/or patent applications.Essential Skills
- Strong background in CMOS RF integrated circuit design for cellular or W-iFi applications
- Excellent understanding of modern transceiver architectures
- Good understanding of RF performance requirements for cellular communication system
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent knowledge of RF system analysis and specification
- Experience with optimisation of RF circuit layout in advanced CMOS processes
- Experience with Cadence Analog Design Environment
- Experience with EM simulation tools
- Competent in using Matlab