£9.35 per hour + excellent benefitsFull and Part Time Hours Considered
Shift pattern: earlies (07:00-14:30), lates (14:00-21:30), mid shifts (either 10.00 - 17.30 or 11.00 - 18.30 depending on the needs of the individuals) and waking nights (21:15-07:15).
The Chestnuts is a service in Yate located just north of Bristol with easy access to the M32 and Avon Ring Road (A4174), Chipping Sodbury is also just on our doorstep.
The Chestnuts is located in a semi-rural environment with lovely countryside right on our doorstep, however we are only a 5-minute drive away from Yate shopping centre and our local amenities. Why Apply?
Here at The Chestnuts we provide support to six very different individuals who, on occasions, can find life challenging. The service has three very distinct living areas to its layout:
- Meadow View: provides support to x4 men who share accommodation.
- Upper Woodlands: provides support to one lady living in a self-contained flat.
- Lower Woodlands: provides support to one lady living in a self-contained flat.
It is important for the people living at The Chestnuts to have support to access to their community to pursue their hobbies and to engage in activities of interest to them including shopping, swimming, social clubs, going out for lunch, bike riding and even working at a farm!
Service users at The Chestnuts are involved in the running of the home, deciding where, when and what they eat, what they like to do each day that day, how to decorate the home and helping to recruit staff.
Staff at The Chestnuts pride themselves on providing individual support to service users and strive to put the individual at the centre of all discussion and decision-making.
We are seeking to recruit someone who is enthusiastic, enjoys being with people and has a sense of fun.As Support Worker your responsibilities will include:
The successful Support Worker will:
- To encourage and enable service users to make day-to-day choices and major life decisions, signposting as appropriate, and to develop a positive self-image and maintain good health.
- To support service users to develop relationships to maintain contact with family and friends.
- To provide service users with the agreed necessary support to maximise their independence and to develop social and life skills.
- Help others engage with their local community and with activities
- Have a good level of self-awareness and are keen to learn
- Manage tricky situations with calmness and sensitivity
- Have strong communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with team members, service users and a range of stakeholders.
- Have a caring manner and a tolerant nature, experience within the sector is not essential as we will provide you with training required to carry out your duties
- To be a driver is essential for this role.
We are looking for someone who is fun, flexible; and eager to help the people we support with their busy lives!
The shift patterns will include earlies (07:00-14:30), lates (13:30-21:00), mid shifts (10:00-17:30) and waking nights (20:45-07:15), worked flexibly to suit the needs of the service. In return, we will offer you some excellent benefits including:
- Up to 26 days' holiday and 8 days' bank holiday entitlement
- Family friendly/work-life balance policies
- Company pension scheme & health cash plan (BHSF)
- Free parking at most Trust services
- Comprehensive induction and learning and development opportunities
- Access to all levels of training appropriate to your role and career progression with the Trust.
We pride ourselves with being able to offer staff opportunities to develop and progress their careers within Milestones Trust. For an informal discussion about the job role please contact Rachel Barnes, Service Manager, or Tina Yeend, Service C0-ordinator, on 01454 227188 **This is an on-going advert and interviews will be held on an ad-hoc basis until sufficient applications have been received.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90758542