Full time 37.5 hours per week (Part time considered) Variety of shifts to include earlies, lates and waking nights
Based at Mayo House, Yate, South Glos with a basic of £9.35 per hour + excellent benefits, you will be responsible for encouraging and supporting service users to define and develop their chosen lifestyles through personal centred care in our residential services. Why Apply?
Mayo House is an exciting and innovative home with a well-trained and committed staff team. The team work with people with learning disabilities and complex mental health needs, in a person-centred and individual way.
Purpose-built for the efficient practice of care, service users enjoy comfortable living areas in which to socialise and relax, with many other healthcare and lifestyle options made available as part of the service.
We are looking for Support Workers to join the nights team; providing individualised packages of flexible support to individuals within their own flats in Mayo House. Staff should be committed to providing meaningful community involvement and share the values and principles of positive behavioural support. As Support Worker your responsibilities will include:
The successful Support Worker will:
- To encourage and enable service users to make day-to-day choices and major life decisions, signposting as appropriate, and to develop a positive self-image and maintain good health.
- To support service users to develop relationships and/or maintain contact with family and friends.
- To provide service users with the agreed necessary support to maximise their independence and to develop social and life skills.
In return, we will offer you some excellent benefits including:
- Have strong communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with team members, service users and a range of stakeholders
- Have a caring manner and a tolerant nature, experience within the sector is not essential as we will provide you with training required to carry out your duties
- To be a driver is desirable but not essential
- Up to 26 days' holiday and 8 days' bank holiday entitlement
- Family friendly/work-life balance policies
- Company pension scheme & health cash plan (BHSF)
- Free parking at most Trust services
- Comprehensive induction and learning and development opportunities
- Access to all levels of training appropriate to your role and career progression with the Trust.
We pride ourselves with being able to offer staff opportunities to develop and progress their careers within Milestones Trust. For an informal chat about the role, please contact Cherie Smith, Home Manager, on 01454 228 246. **This is an on-going advert and interviews will be held on an ad-hoc basis until sufficient applications have been received.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90758541