37.5 hours per week, part-time applications are considered **Female Applicants Only
- This post fulfills the requirements of a Genuine Occupational Qualification and is therefore exempt under the Equality and Diversity Act 2010
Based at Flaxpits House, Winterbourne, Bristol with a basic of £9.35 per hour + excellent benefits, you will be responsible for encouraging and supporting service users to define and develop their chosen lifestyles through personal centred care in our residential services. The successful Support Worker will:
As a Support Worker, your responsibilities will include:
- Have strong communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with team members, service users and a range of stakeholders.
- Have a caring manner and a tolerant nature, experience within the sector is not essential as we will provide you with training required to carry out your duties.
- Be able to support people with their personal hygiene needs and have some understanding of non-verbal communication.
- Be able to drive House Vehicles - being a driver is essential requirement for this post.
In return, we will offer you some excellent benefits including:
- To encourage and enable service users to make day-to-day choices and major life decisions, signposting as appropriate, and to develop a positive self-image and maintain good health.
- To support service users to develop relationships and/or maintain contact with family and friends.
- To provide service users with the agreed necessary support to maximise their independence and to develop social and life skills.
- Up to 26 days' holiday and 8 days' bank holiday entitlement
- Family friendly/work-life balance policies
- Company pension scheme & health cash plan (BHSF)
- Free parking at most Trust services
- Comprehensive induction and learning and development opportunities
- Access to all levels of training appropriate to your role and career progression with the Trust
We pride ourselves with being able to offer staff opportunities to develop and progress their careers within Milestones Trust. For an informal chat about the role, please contact Faz Holder, Home Manager, on 01454 776191. This is an on-going advert and interviews will be held on an ad-hoc basis until sufficient applications have been received.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90758540