My market leading client is seeking a Python Software Engineer. As part of a small, talented development team, you will help build and expand the system. They are firm believers in the value of testable, maintainable code and software craftsmanship.Responsibilities
- Design and build highly reliable, highly testable Python batch systems to support operations.
- Provide operational support for the systems.
- Work closely with the business development and sales teams to develop innovative new products and features for the exchanges.
- Participate in various R&D projects to identify and implement promising new technologies.
- Participate in a global software development team.
- Solid Python knowledge
- A commitment to writing testable, maintainable code.
- Familiarity with more advanced SQL techniques.
- Strong Linux knowledge
- Basic, but broad, knowledge of algorithms and data structures.
- Highly preferred: Experience with TDD, BDD or other testing methodologies
- Preferred: Familiarity with PostgreSQL, Puppet, Jenkins, Django, or Pandas
This role will start off remote with a view of moving back to their London based office when safe to do so. There will be some flexibility of remote working in the future.
This role also comes with a bonus alongside their benefits.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90743622