The Security Architect plays an integral role in defining and assessing security architecture and practices for NPS projects and clients. The successful incumbent will be required to effectively translate business objectives and risk management strategies into specific security processes enabled by security technologies and services.
Experience delivering architectures to UK Government, Health and Policing as a Security Architect will be of high relevance for this post however, a strong background in solution or technical architecture and a good foundation of security understanding is more relevant. Support and training where necessary to develop specific security concepts and understanding will be provided to successful candidates irrespective of experience.
- Support application development and product teams to review and risk assess the security posture of an NPS application - providing advice and guidance to enhance the security and privacy of any application under development
- Contribute at proposal and design project phases from a Security Architecture perspective - work closely with technical architects and solution architects from across NPS to collaborate on designs that are secure by default
- Conduct Security Assessments of Architecture design
- Participate in key projects in order to independently assess the risks and ensure appropriate risk mitigation has been taken
- Work closely with the wider Cyber Security team to ensure that remediation of vulnerabilities or potential risks are understood and well communicated back to the engineering community, project teams and accreditors where necessary.
- Documentation creation and review
- Hands on design and deployment of security enforcing controls to provide enhancements to the overall NPS security architecture.
- Responsible for attending customer and accreditation meetings as required for designated projects.
- Proven experience designing Architectures within a medium to large enterprise
- Demonstrable experience with Cloud-hosted software solutions - particularly client-facing digital applications for web and mobile
- Good experience and technical understanding of Public and Private Cloud technologies
- Familiarity with compliance & security standards across the enterprise IT landscape such as ISO 27001
- Good working experience with security products such as Anti-Virus/Encryption/Device control
- Comfortable with collaboration, open communication and reaching across a range of functions and teams.
- High degree of personal motivation and ability to self-manage
- Ability to communicate complex security and technical solutions to non-technical resources internally and externally to NPS
- A strong focus on business outcomes
- Experience working in UK Public Sector domain
- Documented experience and a strong working knowledge of the methodologies to conduct threat-modelling exercises on new applications and services.
- Experience designing the deployment of applications and infrastructure into public cloud services.
- Experience at a technical and analytical level of working with a SIEM
- Experience working within a shared environment with multiple tenants and requirements.
- Hands-on experience in designing secure solutions to adhere to Information Security accreditation with a cloud-focus such as ISO 27017/18 and ISO 27001
- Knowledge of HMG security guidance and successful application of the principles within formally accredited solutions
- Understanding of security within agile / DevOps project methods
Employees of Northgate Public Services are entitled to the following Company funded benefits:
- Single Private Medical Cover (with the option to select family cover at an additional cost)
- 25 days paid holiday (includes 3 company nominated days) with the option to buy/sell up to 5 days
- 4 x basic salary life assurance cover
- A Group Pension Plan with fantastic employer contributions
- A selection of tax efficient flexible benefits to suit your individual needs
- This role offers a competitive salary.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate a pre-existing right to work and travel within the EU. Documentary evidence will be required.This position requires you to either currently have a Security Clearance or ability to gain Enhanced Security Clearance in addition the Baseline Personnel Security Standard
All offers are subject to satisfactory vetting and reference checks. All roles as standard undertake a Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check, some roles may require additional vetting such as NPPV/MOD.
Northgate Public Services is an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all communities